Hoosierdaddy

Cheap Airbrush bottles

My wife was making Christmas cookies the other day and I noticed on the counter a plastic bottle that looked just like my glass airbrush bottles. Turns out that Betty Crocker packages their candy sprinkles in these little buggers and calls the product Decor Selects. They come in six bottle packages over in the cake decorating section of the grocery store and only cost a couple bucks. The threads match my badger airbrush perfectly. I have no idea if they are chemical resistant as I use Acrylics and it won't matter to me. Since they are plastic they wont break when you drop them off the workbench or fall off of your airbrush like I have done countless times. The only drawback to using these that I can see so far is that the lids are a very unmanly pink...

bottle.jpg

bottle.jpg

bottle.jpg

bottle.jpg

bottle.jpg

bottle.jpg

bottle.jpg

bottle.jpg

300_thumb.attach

the problem with plastic jars is that thy will stain like a tea container and they will leak air, meaning that if left on the shelf it will get stiff in less time. If your going to use it per application then rinse them out then its ok. The only plastic botttles I use are the ones that you can squeez the air out of so you get more shelf time. Glass jars I blieve are #1. Less AIR >more shelf time. This is why such paints like createx get thick after a few uses.If that container was as air tight as it was new > it wouldn't need so much straining or thinner.