.dsaavedra.

My Next Swimbait

Man, I can't even imagine what it's like to throw 12oz baits! I can see why you need a longer rod. I built a 13' surf rod years ago to throw big baits into the kelp, but I don't think I've ever thrown something that big.

I use the 7'6" for 2-3oz swimbaits, which I generally throw side arm or underhand, and to throw punkers, which are glide baits. The butts on the two rods I use are short enough to make walking these baits easier, and the shorter rod is more accurate for parallel casting.

I use an 8' heavy crucial rod for 8" huddlestons, and other similar 4-5oz swimbaits, which need a long cast.

The biggest lure I throw is 6ozs (a 5 piece swimbait I made), and I don't throw it for too long. I use an 8' extra heavy Crucial rod for that, and it wears me out after a while.

I've seen Pete Maina on TV, throwing some big stuff for muskies, but I don't think I've ever seen him throw 12oz.

You Da Man!!!!!

Man, I can't even imagine what it's like to throw 12oz baits! I can see why you need a longer rod. I built a 13' surf rod years ago to throw big baits into the kelp, but I don't think I've ever thrown something that big.

I use the 7'6" for 2-3oz swimbaits, which I generally throw side arm or underhand, and to throw punkers, which are glide baits. The butts on the two rods I use are short enough to make walking these baits easier, and the shorter rod is more accurate for parallel casting.

I use an 8' heavy crucial rod for 8" huddlestons, and other similar 4-5oz swimbaits, which need a long cast.

The biggest lure I throw is 6ozs (a 5 piece swimbait I made), and I don't throw it for too long. I use an 8' extra heavy Crucial rod for that, and it wears me out after a while.

I've seen Pete Maina on TV, throwing some big stuff for muskies, but I don't think I've ever seen him throw 12oz.

You Da Man!!!!!

The bulldog series of baits came out with a 15" 16ozer. Im going to have to get one just to shock the bass fisherman , I like playing mind games with those guys.

DSV,

I can't believe that something that looks that good won't swim.

Bummer!

I hope a lip does the trick.

If it's any consolation, I have a couple of non-swimming beauties hanging over my workbench, just to remind me to test before I paint.

The lure looks kickass, but, to quote mark poulson, it doesnt swim for beans cry.gif

i tried removing the floating tail and it helped a little, but not much.

i am going to put a lip on it and then see how it swims.