allstate48

Applying glitter

:lol: Hi there, when I want to apply glitter to a bait I use a small paint brush. I spray the lure with acrylic gloss which I get at WalMart. Dip the small brush into the glitter and hold the brush over the bait while gently tapping the brush with one finger. You can have something to catch the glitter that don't stick and reuse it. I have had better luck getting it even and where I want it this way rather than mixing it into the top coat. When I get the bait the way I want it I let it dry completely and then topcoat. It takes alittle practice but I think it works just fine. If nothing else, try it on a scrap piece of dowel or even a flat piece of wood. Good luck and let us know how it turned out. Ken Schmitz Mylures

I use two different clears....unthinned laquer & Devcon 2ton epoxy. If I want to add glitter to my lures that are topcoated with laquer...I dip the lure in clear and sprinkle with glitter and let dry...then redip to seal the glitter in. When I use the Devcon 2ton epoxy....I add the glitter to the epoxy before mixing. This method doesn't require the second coat.

Hope this helps....Tuff-Tackle