mr max

Wigglefin action disc

Certainly looks good, I have been working on something similar for the past 2 years (on and off) for lures - Had 7 hits on it last week (only caught 2 trout), it either moves the lure too much OR I think they were smallies. pete

Edited by hazmail
edit text

Mr. Max-

We use wiggle fins out here in California at Eagle Lake in front of a 2" curly tail grub. The disc imparts great darting action on the grub and really works good. They have 2 sizes, we use the small ones on the 2" grubs, and they also have stickers that go on the discs that make them flash a little too! Hope they work for you-

Jeff

Hazmail,can you share some of your aussie ingenuity on your design with us it would be appreciated?Im interested in making some homemade discs if any one has any ideas.

Max - I just came across your reply, if you look in the Tutes under 'Jiga Jig', there is something which may be of interest. pete

Hazmail you are definitely thinking outside the box with your "JIGA JIG" I would say you invented a new box,what a great idea.As I fish mostly from shore and don't troll I am trying to make a disc that I can cast.I have a couple of small plastic suction cup hangers laying around. I am thinking of trying stiffening them up with epoxy and maybe putting a piece of a drink swizzle through the center of the cup.

This is what I have come up with and like it a lot.

th_newcam098.jpg

th_newcam094.jpg

th_003.jpg

th_002.jpg

The mold has 0.50 wire threw the center then pulled out after its poured. I like to put a bead in front of the hook and it wobbles very well. Its hard to snag dragging it and sticks up when you stop. You can cut the top off for a contoled wobble.

I have had this made just over a year. They are cupped a little and cast from lead. The larger one is good for trolling and fills like a hard bait shaking. The smaller one I rig a bead between the hook and the lead. Both make a worm swim like a snake. The hook is rigged weedless so it hard to snag. I like to leave them unpainted so I can cut them (like a bow tie)to change the way they swim. To tell you the truth they are my second favorite sinker.

I have tried both. Paycheck baits have something similar called the Nosejob. look it up at TW tutorial section or on youtube. works pretty good too. you have to retrieve it quickly in order for it to vibrate. For me I'd rather fish a weedless chatterbait.

Edited by azsigep1688