carpholeo

Another photo skin method

I picked up some full sheets instead of the small labels and you can print the whole pic at one time.I picked them up at work about three months ago but never used them on a bait yet, dont know why. I like the pics you have,they would make some killer salt water patterns

I haven't actually done it, so I'm just guessing here, but I think the reason for printing on tissue paper over foil is that the tissue paper turns almost transparent when it's top coated over foil, so you get the picture over foil.

I guess, if the picture you're printing is good enough, that might not be necessary.

I'm still trying to find some really good photos online that would work for me.

hmm full size mailing labels might work! i will pick some up next time im out and give em a go.

im sure you would be able to print wth higher definition when printing on these rather than printing on tissue paper (you lose a lot of detail when printing on tissue paper).

I agree with losing the definition. I am also going to give it a whirl. Although I do like the flash that the foil gives the bait.

hmm full size mailing labels might work! i will pick some up next time im out and give em a go.

im sure you would be able to print wth higher definition when printing on these rather than printing on tissue paper (you lose a lot of detail when printing on tissue paper).

One way I found that helps keep the print out on the tissue relatively sharp is to spray glue the tissue to the foil, prior to printing.

(I tend to use household foils, of various thicknesses, so printing this way is feasible. I don't know how you would do it on metal tape.) I then scotch tape the tissue / foil to a sheet of plain paper, the top being at least 2" down, so the paper feeds well. Just cover the T/F with about 1/16" of tape, and it will transition, into the printer, nicely. Be sure to tape the sides, as well. The foil backing and glue keep the image much sharper than if you printed it on tissue, alone.

I hope that helps.

The only thing I think with the mailing labels is if you use etex you might want to hit it with a shot of the spray etex first before useing two part. In my mind when the wet etex is being brushed on you might smear the print a little and if you use the spray can type first it wouldnt have a chance to smear. Ive never used print finishes before but its always next thing on my list, you know how that goes.

Jamie,

I just went to their site, and asked for a free sample. I don't know what they'll send, but I hope it will work.

DSV,

A wrist rocket is a sling shot whose frame is tubular aluminum that passes down through the hand, wraps around the back of the wrist for additional support, and then goes back up through the hand again. Because you don't have to hold the handle with you hand alone, but use the leverage of your wrist for support, it makes more powerful sling shots possible, and that's why they call them wrist rockets.