Cal Bassin

My First Swim Bait Top Water Lure!

11 posts in this topic

This is my first ever lure attempt. Just got it all weighted right and it swims like a champ. Waiting for epoxy order to arrive so I can treat the wood and get it painted. Thought I would get some opinions????

Guess I should read how to add pictures!!!

Edited by Cal Bassin
script error

Here are the pic's!!!

Moderator's Edit SITE RULE 13 You may display your own images here but the size will be limited to 400 x 600 pixels to help keep the site fast for our 56k (dial up) users.

Edited by Spike-A-Pike

A few more shots... It's 9" long!!!! Will be painting it "Baby Bass"

Moderator's Edit SITE RULE 13 You may display your own images here but the size will be limited to 400 x 600 pixels to help keep the site fast for our 56k (dial up) users.

Edited by Spike-A-Pike

i like the way you shaped the first segment. it looks very neat and symmetrical.

nice crafting bud, hope you get a few hawgs on it!

Cal - you certainly started with a hard one, jointed is sooooooooo fiddly, great work. pete

That would be awesome on one of the lakes I fish if it were painted Baby Walleye. The shape is to die for, I hope you don't mind me fashioning one after it. Can't wait to see the finished product.

FERG

Cal - you certainly started with a hard one, jointed is sooooooooo fiddly, great work. pete

Pete, lipless jointed baits are a lot easier than lipped lures. If you can do lipped cranks, you can build anything!

Actually, borrowed it from another lure for now. I have also made a wood tail, but need to balance it still. It just finished drying from the epoxy resin, and is ready for the true test tonight. Paint it after I know it works.