basscat

starting out

Basscat, are you looking for painting info for spinner baits? If you are, let me know and I can move the entire thread into the Wire Baits forum. Most of the guys in this forum have years of experience and timeless advise. But the fundamentals between wire and hard baits are pretty far apart. The general concern is to help you find the correct information to solve question.

I Powder Coat Wirebaits , I Want To Start Airbrushing Crankbaits. I Thought Vinyl Paint Would Work. I Bought Alot Of Componet Systems Paint Because It Said It Was For Airbrushing , Hopefully Some Of You Can Tell Me What I Really Need To Get Started. Thanks

I think 99% of crankbait painters use acrylic latex or lacquer. If you're trying the vinyl, thin it until it shoots through whichever airbrush you're using without clogging. Other paints are typically thinned to the consistency of milk or even thinner. And PLEASE use a facemask rated for harmful solvents. The aerosol nature of airbrushing guarantees you'll be breathing whatever is in that paint.