Jeep

Lure turning wheel

Hu guys,

I have recently constructed some sort of drying wheel using a disco-ball motor (see photo).

drying_wheel.jpg

It works pretty fine for one lure.

But.. since now I want to rotate more (un-assembled) parts at once, I am thinking of how to re-build it using 2 discs so it can hold more pieces at once.

So I wonder: what kind of clamps do you guys use to hold the pieces.

Thnx

The simplest solution I can think of is "S" wire at one side, and "S" wire + a spring having the right tension at the other. You can adjust the tension required for the spring by using different lengths of "S" wires. More complicated devices can be imagined.

But what I wanted to say in the first place, when seeing the picture was "wow". That pike tells me you are a very talented guy.

By the way, how did it get colours on it? Airbrush, paint brush, printed photo?

That is a nice looking lure.

If you can figure out a way to hold exacto knife handles that would be the way to go seeing you do not have a bill, even better if you can figure out how to remove the handles from the turner as well. if you figure out a safe way let us or at least me know..

I would think a disc and some rubber grommets would be a start ?

I think I found it:

I've modified my lure turner so that it can hold multiple pieces using 2 discs.

Also I made some clamps -like x acto knive handles- using a solid alluminium bar and some bolds.

This way you can clamp all of your pieces in very tight using some pliers before starting.

The handles are very handy because it gives a perfect grip while coating your lures with epoxy.

When your done you just stick them into the holder bit and clamp.

Now I use 3 grips, but each side could hold up to 9 grips (depending on the size of your discs offcourse). Everything could be made out of better material (perspex, alluminium etc.) but this will do for now. I made up a drawing to ilustrate.

Thnx!

wheel.jpg

wheel3.jpg

wheel2.jpg

wheel1.jpg

Good looking wheel. Good solution. I like your metal work.

Good looking lure on the wheel.

You can suspend assembled jointed lures, or one piece lures, by putting opposing screw eyes or cup hooks on the faces of the discs, and using big paper clips to hand the lures from the line tie and hook hangers.