.dsaavedra.

bluegill swimbait

UPDATE!!!

i took the lure out to the pond tonight and it turns out this thing actually has a KILLER swimming action!

i just couldnt get the speed i needed to start the swimming action in the bath tub.

here is a video of the action:

th_peties8-4-08007.jpg

here are some pics of the fish i caught on it!

Edited by Spike-A-Pike
SITE RULE 13 - Photos exceeded max size of 600 x 400 pixils

thanks guys!

that video really doesnt do the action justice. once i uploaded the video on photobucket, it made it grainy and difficult to see. the video i have on my computer is much better quality.

i have to say, it was awesome to catch a fish on a bait i made! that was the first fish i had caught on something i made from scratch.

it was even more exciting when that first strike came. the fish blew up on it and came out of the water and everything! very breathtaking :lol:

i currently have 3 more reproductions of this lure in the making right now. two are painted and awaiting epoxy, and one is going to get a photofinish and then epoxy.

i think i finally found the style of swimbait i like that is effective, and easy to make! B)

That's great! Keep making them, and play with the paint schemes. You can paint them as trout, tilapia, bluegill, crappie, carp, the list goes on and on. Check whats in your local ponds/lakes as forage.

Play with the profiles, and try some a little bigger, with another joint.

It's crazy making, but fun.

Have a blast!

And don't tell you folks who corrupted you! We're all innocent!