Mountain Man 26

Sharpie Signature Smudge Problem Solved

I have been signing my hard baits with a Sharpie Extra Fine, just before applying Devcon. Once the Devcon was added the signature would smear. I could not figure it out. Then I tried applying the first coat to another bait with a new brush and NO smear. I have been washing my brushes with acetone. Even though the brush was clean and dried there was some acetone remaining in the bristles. I have since started washing my brushes with water after cleaning them with acetone. No more smears! I'm sure 99% of you knew this, but for the 1% like me...there you are.

Devcon alone will smear sharpies! spray your bait with createx clear after you sign your name and heat set it and your ready to go. I figured I'd reply because the other guys have seen this question so many times before that they may just pass you by. Their a bunch of great and knowledgable guys though, especially that rookie fellow who knows everything!!!!! lol

I also use createx clear as coats both on top of and inbetween some layers. The only difference is that I use the createx matte clear. I superstitiously belive that this gives better adhesion to following coats, but I admitedly have NO evidence that this is actually true...

Mountain Man- I have gone through the same thing. I switched from a sharpie to a Micron Pen. You can get them at Michael's and Hobby Lobby for around $4.00 in various ulta fine points. They work great! Just sign it. Hit it with the heat gun to make sure its dry, and you're ready for devcon. No extra steps required.