silverdoctor

Good/cheap airbrush for primer

I currently use 2 airbrushes; a badger eclipse and an Iwata HP B. I would like to buy a brush for applying primer/base coat with say a 0.5 mm tip and sizable gravity feed reservoir. Are any of the brushes on ebay for $50 worth the money for somewhat gross work?

I have tried primer spray cans that produce a rough finish and dipping in latex type primers like Kilz. The eclipse is ok for about 6 baits before needing cleaning.

Thanks in advance for comments or thoughts.

(By the way, I just re-read the hardbait tips again; great stuff here)

One all around good airbrush for the price is the Capital 2006gf or 2007gf. You can find them on ebay or at airbrush city inc. It's similar to an iwata and you can get them with a .5mm tip. I used to stick up for this airbrush before I got a iwata! But it is a good workhorse gun.

Stacks of airbrushes on ebay. Something like this would fit the bill.

SITE RULE 15 - eBay & other auction listings are prohibited because they are "time sensitive". We do this because we plan on being around for awhile & its irritating to chase an auction link that ended & sold years ago.

P.s. I've always found Hong Kong traders to be excellent.

Edited by Spike-A-Pike
SITE RULE 15 - eBay & other auction listings are prohibited

Phil, Buddy, how could you do that to me... It's bad enough that KC got me demoted from super moderator to site moderator; and the pay cut... :eek: Well, okay so there was no pay cut; but that's just because there is no pay. But, as it was, Jerry sent me to bed without any supper... :drool: So, that didn't happen either. I remember the simpler days as the TU Tutorial Manager, but like eBay auctions, they fade with time, 'til their just a distant memory.:|

As for you Dano, I looked back through a bunch of your old post... If you got one past it was because of all the heavy medication the doctors have had me on :?BUT, forewarned is forearmed... I've got my eye on you! B)

Gees guys, sometime its no fun having to be the heavy... Who's buying the next round???:tipsy:

Always wondered why it (eBay) never came up on a post, I will have to read the rules -That sounds like a good reason too!!!

For what it's worth I have purchased 2 from Hong Kong, and that seller is not 'UP' any more, BUT if you got to 'eBay international', do an advanced search and look for the seller DELETED, they have .2 and .3 mm brushes for $20 + $17 postage to U.S, with free hose, Wah !Hoo! - Another tip, look for the ones with the air adjuster knob under the barrel. They seem O.K (mine is .2mm), but I do not use these much with thinner based paints etc. There is a post somewhere here, on how to 'soup' them up also. pete

Edited by Spike-A-Pike
SITE RULE 15. ...Circumventing this rule by posting auction numbers, seller ID's, etc. will be dealt with in the same manner.

Gees Pete, not you too! For the record:

SITE RULE 15. eBay auctions: eBay & other auction listings are prohibited because they are "time sensitive".We do this because we plan on being around for awhile & its irritating to chase an auction link that ended & sold years ago. Circumventing this rule by posting auction numbers, seller ID's, etc. will be dealt with in the same manner.

http://www.tackleunderground.com/forum/tu-site-info-updates/886-site-rules-you-must-read-before-posting.html

Badger still has there garage sale going although you now have to call Dino until they post their inventory. They usually have airbrushes in the $20 range that are scratch and dent. Also, I bought an airbrush tree from Harbor Freight that came with several air brushes ....... I'll sell you one of those for $15 shipped.

Thanks Guys! I will check out a certain auction site!

Maybe I should have asked my real question; despite thinning and retarder, my badger's tip needs cleaning after painting like 8 baits with createx white. I was hoping that a unit with a gravity feed and larger tip would prolong the period between cleanings and possibly be capable of same with somewhat thicker paint.