tylerd1994

substitution for worm oil

I wasn't awhere of worm oil being a scent. I thought it was to keep the baits from sticking to each other in the packaging. If it is indeed a scent, maybe only fish can smell it.;) As for vegetable oil I have never tried anything like that before but maybe somebody has. The oil can take the heat but I personally would try to keep something like that out of the pot when I'm pouring. Somebody may have a war story to tell you about if they have used it. Hey you never know it could be the next big thing.:yay: As for ruining your baits...what is it doing to them? I use a little in each bag for the non sticking purpose but I have never had a problem with it.

• Thanks 1

i was just wondering what other type of oils you could use to package easier other than worm oil

Original Fish Formula is much cheaper and does a nice job scenting if needed. The have shad, craw and Original gamefish scents as well as catfish scent. I use the Original Gamefish because it's clear and has a nice anise odor, plus it's great for greasing silicone molds for a shiney bait surface. Like most oils, the oil will dry up in the bag or tackle box within a year and must be reapplied.

If you read the question he asked what could be used in place of worm oil to lubicate baits,he does not want to use scent,You replied you get oil for cheap,Worm oil,not scented worm oil,I can get a gallon of WORM OIL from lurecraft shipped for 41.00 to my door,I think you misread his question,you can also make scented oil by adding your own scent to worm oil,cheapest by far,buy anise oil at the grocery and mix it with your worm oil,same goes for other scents,just make sure they are in oil form,fish oils,crawfish oils,crab oils,i make all my own,its fun to come up with different scents.

If all you are trying to do is keep your baits from sticking together bag them with salt instead. Less mess and easier obtained.

I completely agree with that, but the only problem is it doesn't show your colors very well. When I poured, orders on my website were salted and anything going to stores were treated with oil.