dolf5

Quality Lure Eyes

I've looked all over the web for some realistic hardbait eyes like the ones you see on the higher end lures (Jackall, SPRO, MegaBass, etc.) All I can find are the prism & halographic ones you can buy almost anywhere. Do these companies make their own for a competitive edge? Does anyone know where to get some good plastic eyes?

I've tried taxidermy eyes in swimbaits. They look awesome but are too heavy for some applications.

Thanks for the help.

I purchased a few sets from Lisa & Ed's recently. They have top notch service and a nice selection. All their eyes have posts on the back which you can easily cut off. Their eyes are a bit more rounded than what you'd find on a typical fishing lure but if you make sockets for the eyes they look great.

If you want eyes that look like the ones on premium japanese baits, your best bet is Japan. I just use the standard round 3D variety but suggest you contact some of the japanese gear sellers on Ebay or elsewhere to see if they can provide a contact. Or PM Rookie - he mentioned he got his from Japan.

I have a friend that knows a guy in Japan..that has a Tackle Store.. He sells us 10 or 15 packs at a time and I use them on Cranks that I can't put Ed and Lisa's eyes in!! .... Most of the eyes I use are on my hand made lures are from Ed and Lisa... I use them on my Swimbaits too! Like the guy above said.. you can make a socket for the eye... BUY FROM ED AND LISA FIRST!!! You get way more eyes for the money!! They are super NICE!! And their eyes are REALISTIC as they get!!! PLUS if you buy from ED.. LISA has some more spending money!!!