carpholeo

A couple of swim test vids

32 posts in this topic

I kicked everyone out of the pool just long enough to get some swim time in.

7" baby channel cat

14" bohemith monster trout

if you wanna see pics of the baits, you can find them in the gallery.

Happy Swimming.

I will most definitely be selling the catfish bait once I have the ability to make copy's.

The trout bait, I might consider making one or two if I have time.

The trout is just great , love its motions:yes: !

great job:yay: , diemai

For me, the cat is the cats wiskers. The action is just right, just what I would be looking for.

those swim great!

just what do you expect to catch on that catfish???

After catching many smallmouth with a forked tail sticking out of their throats greedySM.jpg

I figured I needed A baby channel cat bait, but I soon discovered that largemouths were the real catfish eaters. About 75% of the bass i catch come on my catfish baits. So I expect to catch bass, but I would bet money they would work on musky's too.

i doubt that is a catfish in that smallies mouth ;)

but that is really interesting. i didnt know that bass ate catfish!

that swimbait swims just like a cat too ;) nice job.

Looks like a shad tail to me.........but I can't see anything in front of that fin.

Regardless......:worship:

Both of those are great.

Great baits.

Channel cats. Hmmm. I've caught them while bass fishing, but never thought about using them to catch bass. Great idea.

Heres a few recent bass from the local ponds, all caught on one of my top water cat-baits

recentTW.jpg

It's likely I could have caught these bass on something other than a catfish clone, but I guess I'll never know since I hardly use anything else.

WHOA THOSE ARE TOADS!!!!!

i agree, its probably the action that evokes the strike, not the fact that it looks like a catfish ;)

those are great fish man, keep it up!

did you weigh any of them? that last one looks huge.

That one was just over 5#, the largest I've ever caught out of those ponds (San Diego River) was 9#, but 2# to 3# is usually the norm

much bigger than the average bass i catch :rolleyes::lol:

i meant to ask you, how much does the catfish weigh and how much does that monster trout weigh? :eek:

Kudos for two awesome baits , when that trout stops and looks behind himself... I could just see that bait gettin smashed !,

i meant to ask you, how much does the catfish weigh and how much does that monster trout weigh? :eek:

The catfish in the video is 7" and weighs 2.3oz, the topwater cat that caught the fish is 4" and weighs 1/2oz, the trout is a whopping 14" and weighs 14.8oz, I'm just dieing to try it in the So Cal reservoirs, I only wish I had something to throw it with.

The catfish in the video is 7" and weighs 2.3oz, the topwater cat that caught the fish is 4" and weighs 1/2oz, the trout is a whopping 14" and weighs 14.8oz, I'm just dieing to try it in the So Cal reservoirs, I only wish I had something to throw it with.

i was going to guess it weighed a pound :lol:

i guess you will just have to use that as a trolling lure if you cant cast it. :wink: