BJBarron

Fingernail polish and a airbrush

I have be using fingernail polish lately to paint my cranks. works pretty good. I just resently got a gravity feed airbrush don't know the brand. it was a gift. I haven't recived it yet by the way.

has anyone used fingernail polish to airbrush with. it seems to be a little thick to airbrush with. I have acetone to thin it with if need be. I just have a lot of nail polish because of the wife and daughter. plush it comes in ever color u could think of.

if no one has used it to paint with I will be the first and I will experament and let u guys know how it goes.

thanks

BJ Barron

Yes finger nail polish will work good and you can thin most of it with lacquer thinner. Cheap way to get pearl colors that you don't need much of! I have known several bike painters that have used it over the years to avoid buying an expensive pint of paint for small details on one job!

Yes finger nail polish will work good and you can thin most of it with lacquer thinner. Cheap way to get pearl colors that you don't need much of! I have known several bike painters that have used it over the years to avoid buying an expensive pint of paint for small details on one job!

That's good to hear!!!!

That's what I love about this site someone has done it or knows someone that has. and there is always someone here to help.

thanks again to everyone.

BJ Barron

the airbrush I got is a GALAXY AIRBRUSH STAR 3000 PRO GRAVITY FEED . Does anybody use one of this. I supposed to get it monday I hate waiting on gifts but I'm not going to complain about free bees. it will be my first airbrush. can't wait to start playing.lol