borderbasser

wood to wood glue?

I use gorilla glue to laminate some of my lure bodies, and it has no effect on the sealer, paint, or top coat.

I leave it clamped for at least an hour, or until it's hard enough to sand.

Hi Mark

I believe Gorilla glue is of the same Genre as the glue I am using. I think the difference between them is the gorilla glue does not foam up, am I correct ??

philB,

Gorilla glue foams, too. In my experience with it, the glue takes a while after it's foamed before it's hard.

I'm sure different brands have different characteristics.

Gorilla glue is the only brand I've used.

Hi Mark

I believe Gorilla glue is of the same Genre as the glue I am using. I think the difference between them is the gorilla glue does not foam up, am I correct ??

Borderbasser, back a few pages ago the subject of clamping came up. Several good ideas came out, like using tape to hold the dowel pieces in place. Just thought I would throw this idea out. I have been using Erwin bar clamps that I picked up from Lowe's. these clamps hold the pieces very tight with no slippage. They sure work for me.

David

Looks like frogs eggs Phil ! ! Maybe we could us this stuff as a bait?? Good glue too. pete

Pete

I'm sure it could be used, it is certainly tough enough and will take a hook easily. You are like me and resent paying a fortune for small amounts of gear when, if you know what it is, you can pick up shed loads for a fraction of the cost. Well this stuff is just like the expanding foam filler you buy in those big cans, they use it nowadays for gluing window frames into openings in buildings instead of screw fixings, you even mist water spray the brick opening for added adhesion just like you mist spray this stuff. It would not be a surprise if they were one of the same.

Here's a tip for the pins/holes connection...

Insert the shaft of a plastic Q-Tip into the hole before putting your pin through it. Now the inside of the Q-Tip shaft acts as a plastic bushing instead of the metal pin rubbing against wood.