pikeman

TU memebership

Sorry to post this in here but the Hard Baits Forum and the Gallery are the only ones that I visit. I was very disappointed when I found out that I can't send private messages to my buddies from TU unless I am a member. Here are the facts:

1. I am in the position of asking the e-mail address of everyone that I want to interact with right here on the forum, being a private information I don't know how many of you are willing to post their e-mail address for others to see it too:boo:

2. I consider that the database of this site was build with information gathered from all over the world and the interaction between the users made the information to be top quality. Sometimes you interact with private messages with someone else to improve lurebuilding methods and after that you post this information on the forum

3. It is difficult for me to pay the membership since I used to be free of doing everything on this site. I can understand the effort of improving the looks of it but.......also I am from the other side of the world and this makes the paying more difficult

4. I love the chatroom but it can't replace the private messages :(

Edited by pikeman

I understand , but is it OK if I bring my ideas and contribution, to it ,to pay ? It's ok if you want to ... I don't know, make a folder with pictures that you want only the members to see, or other stuff , but to limit the access to usefull information and dialog I can't understand why? maybe someone else can explain. And another thing, let's suppose I paied for the membership and I want to send a private message to a non-member , how do I do that, cause he doesn't have a mail-box anymore? :(

I thought that the member submitted tutorials are for everyone, I think the ones who wrote them wanted that everyone to read their ideas , but now :( , I can't even send them a message to e-mail me their own tutorials. I may be a fool that I didn't saved them when I had the chance

Edited by Spike-A-Pike
rambles

Pikeman,

I agree with you fully.

Emptycooler, If I was you, I would tell or ask the site owner to remove your tutorial from the site. You can always offer it up in a thread.

I too am disappointed in the way this site is going, even though I have only been a member for a short while.

My email adress is doug@scottishghillie.com I have no problem with giving it out to members (partial or full).

Edited by scottishghillie

I realize that there are rough edges including tutorial access by submitters to be worked out, and maybe, a member who is generous and knowledgeable enough to submit a tutorial acceptable to the site moderators could receive some kind of break in the club fee structure? Both givers and takers contribute to the function of the forum but tutorial authors are certainly at the top of the list of members of special value?

The tutorial section is temporarily down so we can contact everyone who has contributed.

Contributors will have options to make their tutorials public or private, privatized contributions will be compensated with free club membership, or extended membership, if already subscribed.

This is part of a broader incentive to provide members another way to gain Club memberships when, for whatever reasons they are not compelled to monetarily support the site.

When it's all done, there will be two tutorial sections, one public & one exclusive to club members.

Other changes to site privileges were announced & discussed at length and been in-place for nearly a month. This is the format, it has already & will further improve the site. I understand your frustrations but a decision was made.

Simple fact is we've had it good for a long time at the expense of redg8r and now it is time to assist in the continuing expansion of the TU. It's got to be worth the fee just for the talent that contributes to the site. Hopefully the fee revenue will take the TU to the next level and make the expense worth it, who knows only time will tell.

It is going to be rough on some fellas but sadly sometimes life is just a b i t c h. You cant please everyone all of the time only some of em, some of the time.

This is the first time I have seen a Moderator/Senior Member? use such poor judgment, and a poor choice of words in listing a reason for editing a post.

" Last edited by Spike-A-Pike; 5 Hours Ago at 10:42 AM. Reason: rambles " Quoted from post #4 in this thread.

Edited by Palmetto Balsa
To remove my comment that says "Edit this".

Simple fact is we've had it good for a long time at the expense of redg8r and now it is time to assist in the continuing expansion of the TU. It's got to be worth the fee just for the talent that contributes to the site. Hopefully the fee revenue will take the TU to the next level and make the expense worth it, who knows only time will tell.

It is going to be rough on some fellas but sadly sometimes life is just a b i t c h. You cant please everyone all of the time only some of em, some of the time.

Its gonna be tough on this site. People will go to places that are free.

Its human nature to be cheap. Another site I saw do this and it is a

shell of its former self. As 'net sites mature and they are sold/purchased they with have to go to a pay for content to cover the cost of buying the site.

This is the first time I have seen a Moderator/Senior Member? use such poor judgment, and a poor choice of words in listing a reason for editing a post.

" Last edited by Spike-A-Pike; 5 Hours Ago at 10:42 AM. Reason: rambles " Quoted from post #4 in this thread.

I have to agree. If a moderator wants to edit a post for reasons such as improper language, flaming, or other reasonable reason, I have no objections. But to edit someone's post for "RAMBLING" is

ludicrous!!:pissed:What happens when that same moderator "rambles" (as he is known to do)? Who's going to edit his post?

And, yes Palmetto, I agree. Edit this one!!:censored:

Gene

I have to agree. If a moderator wants to edit a post for reasons such as improper language, flaming, or other reasonable reason, I have no objections. But to edit someone's post for "RAMBLING" is

ludicrous!!:pissed:What happens when that same moderator "rambles" (as he is known to do)? Who's going to edit his post?

And, yes Palmetto, I agree. Edit this one!!:censored:

Gene

when you figure it out let me know I been trying to give him an infraction for the last week and it isnt working:lol:

Perfectly said!!! I've seen pages of RAMBLINGS from this moderator also. Posts just to read his own post, something smart to say about everything. I'm sorry if I have forgotten, but I thought this was Jerrys site? Do we still have freedom of speech here or do we have to ask our Moderators first?

Bruce may have used bad judgement, it happens to everyone on occasion, again I didnt get to read the whole reply & have asked pikeman to reply if he likes.

This thread isnt to complain about a moderator, there is specific instructions here on how to make a complaint.

If you wanna discuss membership, I'm allowing the dialogue even though theres 2 massive threads here regarding the issue.

If you want to complain about a moderator, contact me directly.

thank you.

Bruce may have used bad judgement, it happens to everyone on occasion, again I didnt get to read the whole reply & have asked pikeman to reply if he likes.

This thread isnt to complain about a moderator, there is specific instructions here on how to make a complaint.

If you wanna discuss membership, I'm allowing the dialogue even though theres 2 massive threads here regarding the issue.

If you want to complain about a moderator, contact me directly.

thank you.

OK Pm sent

Redg8r , I can understand that you invested money and I can see the expansion of the TU, here in Romania we have major fishing forums too and they are for free , the advantage of the owners is that they also have a shop and the users visit it and buy stuff from there.

Anyway I've been away for awhile and couldn't see the changes , as Vodkaman said in the "Poll votes" thread "Those of you on tight budgets, I totally understand your concerns"

76 votes out of 6000 members decided this?!!! May I ask how many voted PRO from the 76?

Another fact is that I don't visit the entire site as I said before...only the Hard baits, the gallery and the tutorials

1. Is it worthy to do such "a payed" expansion to the site when everyone felt good as it was before?

2. I fear that this kind of decision will create a separation between "TU Memers" and "TU nicknamed visitors"-as I am for now, ideas like private submitted tutorials and maybe pictures that only members can see

Sorry but even if I would afford it I'm not paying for EXCLUSIVISM

If I'm wrong you have my appologise

P.S. to all the others that answered to this post, let's mantain our calm , my intention was not to create conflicts between moderators and members....although I would have liked to see Palmetto's post :teef:

:tipsy:

I found a free tackle making site that I have been lurking. :yay:

fish devil...please e-mail it to me at marius_mazi@yahoo.com ;)

P.S. I'm "lurking" on some new baits and maybe they are interested to see them ;) I'm not looking for appreciation as I want to see the critics that will help me improve my work ;)

Edited by pikeman

HEY EVERYONE!!! SUCK IT UP A DEAL!!!

Jerry if you want to shortin my post for rambling.. I believe it has been coming for sometime.. I been ramblin on for my entire life.. Just like the feather in Forrest Gump... Flyin in the wind.. Where will it lay.. WHATS MY DESTINY MOMMA???? Where is my life going?..... Speakin of Life.. When did money get so freakin tight?.. Gas has been high every since Katrina!!!.. If the news media said.. HEY EVERYONE!! LIFE IS GREAT!! Oh BOMB US is PRESIDENT!!!! SPEND YOUR MONEY!!! I think most of america would! I got the same money I had last year! NONE!! IM FREAKIN BROKE!!! I BEEN BROKE FOR 37 YEARS! I will be BROKE for 37 more!! I BUY LURES! I MAKE LURES!!! SELL LURES!!! AND GUESS WHAT!! I take the money and BUY MORE FREAKIN supplies to make more lures!!!! Why?.. because Im doing my PART TO KEEP THIS COUNTRY GOING!!!

Yall watch to much TV and listen to the media tell you that your broke and the economy is going down hill fast! STOP SAVING YOUR MONEY and start spending it.. THAT WILL JUMP START the economy faster than anything!! Go over to EBAY right now and PURCHASE YOURSELF a Custom MADE TATER HOG FISHING LURE!!!:yay: Where our motto is..."If they aint bitin YOU SUCK:p!!!!!!" Or you can get a TATER HOG Hat!8O Maybe try out a Tater Hog Hoochiemomma!:yeah: :yes:Everyone needs a hot lookin hoochiemomma on the lake with them!B) Or Check out my new line of Chocolate's coming to a Walmart near you!!!!:nuhuh: Yes yes.. Life's like a box of Hog Chocolate.. you never know which one my wife left for you to get:D... Sorry..she cant help herself!:popcorn: God knows she needs help.. She married me!

As for PIKEMAN! I will pay your TU FEE:twocents:!!!.... JERRY!....Im on the HOOK FOR PIKEMAN!! WE HAVE IT ON RECORD!!! Send me the INVOICE! ! All I have to do is paint 2 baits... write some stupid story with bad typo's and GET some late night drunk to buy it! :sauced:

I should have the money in 7 days! As for the SELF PROMOTION above.. BITE ME!! Im just having fun.:tipsy: Something I believe a few of yall lack!!!

FISHING IS FUN!!! MAKING BAITS IS FUN!!!! CUTTIN UP ON A FORUM IS FUN!!!! I've been on this site for 2 years now.. I PAID MY DUES!!!..to Jerry!!!! (PLEASE HOLD THAT CHECK a FEW MORE WEEKS!!).. I never say much of nothing that makes sense. But for once! I will get serious and try!!! (LEE GREENWOOD PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND as the ROOKIE DROPS KNOWLEDGE!!).... Most of yall are too darn serious 95 percent of the time. ( GO BROTHER TATER!!! GO!!!!) Even me from time to time.. I cant name when I was actually serious..(WHERE AT LEAST I KNOW Im FREE!!!) ... but I think I could have been once if the doctor hadn't drop me on my head at child birth!!!! (TO THE HILLS OF TENNESSEE)!!! They way I see it!!!! YOU ONLY NEED 2 COLOR's TO MAKE SENSE OUT OF LIFE or any situation!! BLACK AND WHITE!

It is what it is.... and always will be until THE MAN changes it!!! Whoever THE MAN is... Stop messing with all the grey life brings you and RELAX!!! Pay or dont pay! (YES IM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN WHERE AT LEAST I KNOW IM FREE)... Live by this motto and simplify your horrible exsists..(DEAN DID I SPELL EXSISTS RIGHT!!) oh yeah the motto....

"YOU LIVE!!!!! YOU DIE!!!!! Everything in the middle is BS!

Once you figure out nobody really knows what they are doing in life. The easier your life gets!!! Makes me feel good just knowing their are other people out their as DUMB AS me!!!! Some are even dummier!!!

Most people just want to tell you what they think is right or how you should do it..! Or say...I tried that once and the CRAP BLEW UP IN MY FACE!!!! which basically is nothing more than saying.. IM FULL OF CRAP!! But I got more experience with this crap than you....And since I been messing with crap longer... I believe my crap is better than your crap!!! Because I know my crap works now.. I went through alot a crap to figure it out!!!!

All of us are taking someone else's old crap(THE GUY THAT INVENTED THE FISHING LURE) and trying to make the crap better. or maybe their crap doesnt work at all so they ask someone that knows how to fix crap?

MY POINT!!! I know I have one... Hopefully if I keep rambling I will finally get to it.... oh yeah my point is..

"EVERYONE IS FULL OF CRAP!" ENJOY THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE A CHOICE TO READ THIS CRAP!!! Your not paying for the crap on the site... Your paying Jerry for the time it takes to keep this crap up and running!!! And believe me their's a whole lot of crap going on here!!!

Look at the freaking BRIGHT SIDE!!! What if nobody talked about their CRAP!!! Then we wouldnt have crap to read! I would rather pay to read this crap!!! Than buy a paper and read the crap the media is telling us!!!

Just my crappy opinion!

THE ROOKIE!

Edited by The_Rookie

Thanks for the offer Rookie but I'll have to refuse it, things are tight here and I'm in the position of making a loan from the bank ( this is not an excuse ) to buy a house . The TU membership tax is indeed a 2 baits sale but this ain't my major problem, here it is :

Why do I have to pay for sharing ideas (not only on the site but with other members in private) , baits photos and other stuff ? When other sites let me do this for free ?

I'll continue visiting the site , reading information and writing too, I will be able to talk to other members via e-mail or in the chat room , you won't be seeing pictures of my baits due to Gallery restriction ( anyway maybe they are not even worthy of this site...who knows) and also I think other non-club members will be in the same situation

Rookie , you are the man , I'm glad you enjoy life and not the struggle for money ;)