bassrecord

Big Rubber strips

Ive been searching for big rubber square or round strips/ I need 1/16", 3/32" and 1/8" in white and black colors for a project I'm working.

Living Rubber no longer carries 1/16" but they would import it in 100 pound orders .

If anyone has any ideas at all where I could get this stuff, I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

John

Try rubbercal.com

Ive been searching for big rubber square or round strips/ I need 1/16", 3/32" and 1/8" in white and black colors for a project I'm working.

Living Rubber no longer carries 1/16" but they would import it in 100 pound orders .

If anyone has any ideas at all where I could get this stuff, I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

John

Sorry about that, John.

I thought their 1/6" gum rubber would have been great matl. for tails. :cry:

In talking with Matt in the Quotation Dept. he recommends EPDM for outside use. We all know how even latex just melts out in the sun. BUT his EPDM only comes in black and has a durometer range of 45-55 which makes it not super flexible and only in 1/16" and 1/8" BUT it withstands heat up to 200F. I am afraid that it's not flexible enough to fool fish - especially big ole smart ones .

Gotta keep looking,

John

In talking with Matt in the Quotation Dept. he recommends EPDM for outside use. We all know how even latex just melts out in the sun. BUT his EPDM only comes in black and has a durometer range of 45-55 which makes it not super flexible and only in 1/16" and 1/8" BUT it withstands heat up to 200F. I am afraid that it's not flexible enough to fool fish - especially big ole smart ones .

Gotta keep looking,

John

Thanks for sharing all your information like this. We all can use as much help as we can get, and the stuff you just posted will save me another false start.

Thanks for sharing all your information like this. We all can use as much help as we can get, and the stuff you just posted will save me another false start.

Yesterday while chasing sheeting I was referred to a gasket specialty place who referred me to a custom rubber extruder. His info was interesting. First he recommended EPDM for outdoors and Nitril (food prep sheeting) for white. He recommended a round instead of square because it uses less material. The minimum order quantity is $500 plus they have a $250 tool and die cost for each size.

In listening to what he said about extruding, my guess is that most rubber skirt material on the market is made by extruding. And round rubber strands that you pull apart most surely came out through a die. If a die cost $250 why just one strand? Put 20, 30, 40, or 50 to the max extrusion rate of material.

Since the bucks in the way this was going are way, way more than I can toy with, I was about to sign off when he asked if I had ever considered santoprene? He said it was a mixture of rubber and plastic, could be colored any Pantone shade and was heat and chemical resistant plus it was cheap. I've found it in 12" sheets in all the colors and sizes I want but am now back to slitting sheets

The search continues.

John