Everettelee

Spinner bait blades and molds

If you are inquiring about the erie derie spinner, than you're out of luck. Do-It molds used to make a similar mold after market, until they ran into infringement problems. They stopped making the mold. I personallly called them, to see if they had any molds left, and they said that they can't sell them. This is the same scenario with the Blakemore Road Runner, except the pony head jig was around before Blakemore did patents. Don't quote me on this. I do know there is a mold for an erie jig with a spinner on it, cause I have it. As far as the blades go I can't help you there.

Do-it molds still offers a Erie jig mold model #ehb-6-a in the Jann's catalog . Just wondering if there is a way to change it from a jig head to a spinnerbait . I have about a dozen 3/4 oz. blank heads left is there a way to make my own mold? As for the blades I think they were made here localy in the Knoxville TN. area ,but I'm not sure.

Do-it molds still offers a Erie jig mold model #ehb-6-a in the Jann's catalog . Just wondering if there is a way to change it from a jig head to a spinnerbait . I have about a dozen 3/4 oz. blank heads left is there a way to make my own mold? As for the blades I think they were made here localy in the Knoxville TN. area ,but I'm not sure.

So what you are really after is a spinner jig not a spinnerbait, correct? If that's the case, then that model # that you mentioned is the one that I have, and yes it is available, and yes it can be modified to what I think you want is similar to Do-It's Stand Up Spin jig, model SUS-5-A. So you want to add a slot in the mold for a barrel swivel to the back of the Erie Jig, so you can attach a butt ring and a colorado blade, correct? Now I understand, you threw me when you said spinnerbait.

No sir, I'm looking for a spinnerbait mold in a 1/2 5/8 and 3/4 oz. but with the Erie Head. A friend of mine gave me a dozen 3/4 oz. spinner baits with this style head. I have had a lot of different style spinner bait heads in the past but I had never seen this head before. I have been having good luck with these and I just don't want to run out or go back to a store bought spinner bait. Probably didn't have anything to do with the head design, but I've caught better fish in the past 2 weeks at night. Must be doing something right.