tylerd1994

POP mold advice

High heat spray paint (grill, engine block) will work to seal your molds. I have used it on many pop molds.

Downside... Some of your detail will be lost as you need to use several coats. You also will have to wait at least 48 hours for drying before using the molds.

A good side is that you can use different colors for sets of molds plus, you are coating the full mold surface not just the cavity.

I'd go with the 50/50 elmer's if you have some.

Jim

Keep applying the 50:50 mix. It WILL take several coats. Be patient, expect the first two or three to get soaked up, but eventually, you will start to get a smooth, shine. Then you are done.

Applying a thicker coat, you are risking losing detail and possibly separation of the seal coat. This method does take more time compared to other methods, but the results are quality.

Elmer's is the deal...Cheap and works great...I have never used 50/50 Elmer's/Water... so I can't tell you how that works, but full strength Elmer's takes two coats to finish...Just make sure to brush it in well, and leave no "pools" of glue. Let it dry well before adding the second coat.