smitty919

flounder plug....

That is a great idea and the action looks good. Will it stay down on longer cast and does it always fall to the same side?

This is a very fresh idea and the first I have seen like it. (might be others like it, but I just have not seen it yet)

Great job Smitty.

well thank you ...

its still in testing but so far it has about 95% of the time it falls the right way

on longer cast's it will flutter close to the bottom if you keep the rod low like a sting ray would swim.

lift the rod up and it want to climb some witch i like cause when it falls its so gracefully and kind of fly's like a real flounder....

Great action! I'm headed to the beach this weekend so paint it up and express ship it to me so I can test it for you :wink: A little more ballast might keep it upright better and make for a faster sink rate in current. After all, you'll be fishing current if you want active flounder. Do you think the fact that they attack a baitfish, then turn it head-first to eat it might be a problem on a bait with a single tail hook? I'd be interested in hearing how it does for you on the water.

@ smitty919

A great and innovative design , and its action comes very close to the real thing , especially when it lifts off the bottom :yes::yay:.

I am sure , that you're gonna fool the fish with this one:yay: !

Such jointed lure models , that their sections move up and down instead of , most common , left/right are few , and I always admire the people , that think of such :yes:.

I have a jointed , diving jerkbait called "The Jacknife" , by an unknown maker , that is hinged the same way (2 sections) , but works entirely different to your lure .

Great job done , diemai

Great action! I'm headed to the beach this weekend so paint it up and express ship it to me so I can test it for you :wink: A little more ballast might keep it upright better and make for a faster sink rate in current. After all, you'll be fishing current if you want active flounder. Do you think the fact that they attack a baitfish, then turn it head-first to eat it might be a problem on a bait with a single tail hook? I'd be interested in hearing how it does for you on the water.

Yo Bob, It is a Flounder-style plug FOR Stripers, which will enhale that whole thing, and look for the next Flounder on the menu.

It looks like a killer, to me. I might have to go with a larger hook; I really like a Siwash style hook for stripers.

Dean

Edited by Dean McClain
spelling

WOW Smitty. That's great. I was working on pretty much that exact same bait but couldn't get it to fall on the same side consistantly so I trashed it. I'm betting I would have caught a bunch of fish under the lights last weekend on that. The NJ backwaters are LOADED with little fluke right now. Cast it under a pod of peanut bunker in shallow water, snap it up into the school like it's feeding on the bait, and hold on as it falls cause the bass are gonna nail it.

VERY NICE:worship:

WOW Smitty. That's great. I was working on pretty much that exact same bait but couldn't get it to fall on the same side consistantly so I trashed it. I'm betting I would have caught a bunch of fish under the lights last weekend on that. The NJ backwaters are LOADED with little fluke right now. Cast it under a pod of peanut bunker in shallow water, snap it up into the school like it's feeding on the bait, and hold on as it falls cause the bass are gonna nail it.

VERY NICE:worship:

hay thanks to all.....

hay clam thats the deal im hope to do this weekend if the weather holds up.

i live 2 mines from lbi so i have tuns of testing grounds lol...

if your ever in the area let me know we can hit the surf and bag a few striper's this fall...

Ok, saw the lure, saw the action, both great achievements , but, I have 2 questions for you:

1. I saw that the tremble hooks are on one side of the lure, but not mounted in the action movie. The action will remain the same with the hooks on?

If a fish bites from the other side what chances do you have to catch it?

2. If you put the tremble hooks on the belly what size do you think you will need for such a "wide spread" lure ?

I'm particular interested on this lure cause it seems to me it will do a great job on pike fishing...man you got a great lure developed over there