nyjigfisher

Question about tweaking spinner bait blades

I just joined the site a little while ago and have been catching up on some old threads. I saw the one about the bass your son caught in NY. You mentioned that he modified a spinnerbait by changing the blades and having them run in opposite directions. Do you know exactly how he did this? I'd like to tinker with some of my own to see if I can get a little different action from them. If anyone else has experience doing this, please feel free to chime in as well.

Also, were you able to post the pictures? I'd love to see them if you wouldn't mind sharing. I tried sending you a PM but it said that your mailbox was full.

Thanks,

J

Hello, I just emptied my messages so it should work now. My son experimented on moving the hole in the blades slightly off center and it made it turn the opposite direction of the other one giving it more resistance and drag which makes it sink much slower allowing him to crank it in much slower. Thus longer exposure to the fish in that area. I will be going out to see him in a few days and will download all the pics he has of the fish he caught. I only have 1 pic of it and it is of low quality. I plan on posting them on here when i finally receive them for all to see.

I just joined the site a little while ago and have been catching up on some old threads. I saw the one about the bass your son caught in NY. You mentioned that he modified a spinnerbait by changing the blades and having them run in opposite directions. Do you know exactly how he did this? I'd like to tinker with some of my own to see if I can get a little different action from them. If anyone else has experience doing this, please feel free to chime in as well.

Also, were you able to post the pictures? I'd love to see them if you wouldn't mind sharing. I tried sending you a PM but it said that your mailbox was full.

Thanks,

J