snookin4

DIY fluid bed?

First of all thanks for a great site. I have been lurking for a long time. I became a member a few months ago but have not posted due to the fact I find all of my answers from you guys.

I am through with the paper bags. I am looking for a media to glue into the bottom of my PVC so that I can have several colors ready to go. I have looked at component paint systems and MCMasters from the posts below. I could not find componet paint on the webb. I need help.

Thanks guys.

Hey everyone I am new here and I registered because of this thread but I was looking around the site and I know I will enjoy more of it. Looks awesome. Cadman could you PM the instructions/tutorial for making your fluid bed. Would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

BTW welcome to Tackle Underground. PM me your e-mail and I will get it out to you.

Edited by cadman

I personally use one for a 55 gal aquarium. It may be overkill, but I got the air when I need it. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure which size pump I have but it has 2 connections on the pump and I teed the hose before going into the fluid bed. It works fine on a 2" bed but doesn't do much on the 3".

Thanks JSC, I just sent a copy to delw a couple of days ago. I don't always check all the threads. However if you PM me, then I know I will get it out to you, in a couple of days, if not the same day. I am more than willing to e-mail anyone here info. Just remember on the PM to put your e-mail address down. I get a lot of PM's without e-mail addresses, and then I have to PM back, and guys don't PM me back right away, so PM tag occurs...........Take Care.......Cadman

cadnan i would love to see your specs on fluid beds if you would be so kind send to basskat55@netzero.com

Another new guy here. What a great site.

I've already been enlightened on the topic of fluid beds from this post but I have a newby question if it's Ok? I'm interested in making a fluid bed to powder paint some jigs bodies up to 2 ounces for Lake Trout jigging. These jig bodies are up to 2 1/2 inches in length, just long slender trolling sinkers. Do I use a 3" cup and try to lay these long bodies down in the powder or should I make a taller/smaller diameter cup and put them in verticle?

Also, cadman I'd like to join all the others in requesting a copy of your information on fluid beds. I've seen several ideas on making them but it appears that your's is time proven so if it's not out of line for a newby I'd sure appreciate you sending me your information. My Email is nwringneck@comcast.net

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

BradF

Edited by BradF

Another new guy here. What a great site.

I've already been enlightened on the topic of fluid beds from this post but I have a newby question if it's Ok? I'm interested in making a fluid bed to powder paint some jigs bodies up to 2 ounces for Lake Trout jigging. These jig bodies are up to 2 1/2 inches in length, just long slender trolling sinkers. Do I use a 3" cup and try to lay these long bodies down in the powder or should I make a taller/smaller diameter cup and put them in verticle?

Also, cadman I'd like to join all the others in requesting a copy of your information on fluid beds. I've seen several ideas on making them but it appears that your's is time proven so if it's not out of line for a newby I'd sure appreciate you sending me your information. My Email is nwringneck@comcast.net

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

BradF

e-mail sent

Can one mix powder paint colors sucessfully, or is it just a mess?

Yes you can mix powder paint colors together, just write down your ratios so you can remember them next time. One other thing in mixing powder paints. No matter what colors you mix you will never get a true pigment (ie blue and yellow = green). You will get a shade of green, but in order to lets say have a solid green pumpkin, you have to have the powder pigment made.

Edited by cadman

Would ya mind sendin the plans my way Cadman? I have some heavy jigs to paint and they don't dip well at all.

chasekellerman@gmail.com

Thanks

Native

e-mail sent.

Hello cadman. Might I too get a copy of your fluid bed. Thanks for everything.

Me@stay-out.com

Patrick

e-mail sent.