snookin4

DIY fluid bed?

Hey guys I am wanting to make my own fluid bed and I think I have most of the parts needed. My question is can I use my air compressor instead of the aquarium pump? I have a regulator that does allow me to turn my air down very low. Just thought I would ask before I make an eruption of powder.

Thanks guys

Chris

Oh yeah, I use a Porter Cable, 6 gallon, 150# air compressor I bought at Lowes. I pump it up to about 130# then turn the regulator down to just a couple of pounds. Final adjustments of air flow into each of my PP pots is made with the needle valve installed near the bottom, as per instructions from Cadman. Works great. A 6 gallon tank full of air will last a couple of hours.

==================

One other thing. My biologist daughter gave me a couple discs of 11 micron filter paper. Man-oh-man... that stuff works ultra great!! Better than the paper vacuum clearer bag I was using. Sooo, if you have any friends or relatives that work in any sort of lab, ask them for 11 micro filter paper. (All those years of colleges bills finally paid off.)

Edited by HJS

Hi, new member from Alaska. Don't get around as well as I used to but still like to make things and been on a luremaking and fly tying kick. I ended up here because I thought it wierd to see a tacklemaking blog with a forum titled: Homebrew Tools. You see I homebrew beer also. I have been reading about Fluid Bed Powder Painting and thought I might hit Caman up for his tutorial.

I'm subsailor618@gmail.com

Thanks, mate!

Thank you Cadman! Sorry for the mispelling in my previous post on your name. I appreciate that you took the time to make this tutorial and are willing to share with those who ask. Not many folks do that nowadays. From what I've been reading here on the forums, you and quite a few others are top notch! I believe I am going to enjoy my new hobby and learning from this site. If you all need anything from me just ask and I'll do what I can.

Thank you Cadman! Sorry for the mispelling in my previous post on your name. I appreciate that you took the time to make this tutorial and are willing to share with those who ask. Not many folks do that nowadays. From what I've been reading here on the forums, you and quite a few others are top notch! I believe I am going to enjoy my new hobby and learning from this site. If you all need anything from me just ask and I'll do what I can.

No problem, glad to be of help. If you have any questions just start a new thread or post anything else you have concerns about. Someone here will have an answer.

Cadman,

Obviously these are great plans and a great tutorial.

I must be a couple years behind others on tackle making since fluid beds are new to me.

I would greatly appreciate your plans and tutorial.

Thank you, Don

donald01@gmail.com

Don,

I e-mailed you the tutorial. BTW Welcome to Tackle Underground.