snookin4

DIY fluid bed?

284 posts in this topic

You're bored I guess?

I get, on average, about 150 spam messages per day. My email address has been "out there" for so many years, it no longer matters. Mailing lists that are sold, old discussion forums that didn't hide that information, etc, etc.

Google mail blocks nearly 100% of them. Once in a great while I will see a couple sneak through.

Its interesting to me how many people put their personal email addresses out there for the world to see instead of sending cadman a private message to get plans. Guess they want to get more spam mail.

OK,

So is there anybody here so far that I missed that needs help with fluid bed plans? Many times I don't come here to read this, and many times I get a lot of e-mails and PM's. If you need help please e-mail or PM me and I will help all that ask.

PM sent for the plans, Thanks Cadman (long time lurker first time poster lol)

Swank,

I sent you the fluid bed instructions today via your e-mail. Let me know if you need more help.

1 person likes this

I have plans and all parts list for fluid bed made from pvc parts found at hardware store. lf you would like plans and part list with instructions then e-mail me Roy Gilliam - royg911@hotmail.com - no junk mail.

Cadman I PM'd you my email address for a copy of the plans. Thank you for sharing.

Ron

Ron,

I just came back from out of town and I just sent you an e-mail about 5 minutes ago. Let me know if you have more questions.

Ron,

I'm going to say about 6 oz. however, put some in, slowly turn the air on and you will see the powder paint rise. Naturally you don't want the powder paint to go over the top. A good guess would be about 1 to 1-1/2" below the top of the cup.

Am I missing something fundamental?

Everybody seems to use PVC. I have better access to ABS. Is there a reason to not use ABS over PVC?

Is static electricity an issue with any of them?

Thanks again for the information.

Ron

Am I missing something fundamental?

Everybody seems to use PVC. I have better access to ABS. Is there a reason to not use ABS over PVC?

Is static electricity an issue with any of them?

Thanks again for the information.

Ron

Ron,

I don't see why you couldn't use ABS. I've never used it so I can't comment on it. I do believe it's thinner walled than PVC, but that shouldn't matter. Try it out and let us know your results.

I made my filter out of a coffee filter and it works ok

I think my air pump is a little puny

Good to know on the coffee filter. Are you the same guy on BBC?

Hey guys I am wanting to make my own fluid bed and I think I have most of the parts needed. My question is can I use my air compressor instead of the aquarium pump? I have a regulator that does allow me to turn my air down very low. Just thought I would ask before I make an eruption of powder.

Thanks guys

Chris

Hey guys I am wanting to make my own fluid bed and I think I have most of the parts needed. My question is can I use my air compressor instead of the aquarium pump? I have a regulator that does allow me to turn my air down very low. Just thought I would ask before I make an eruption of powder.

Thanks guys

Chris

Chris,

You can try it. I don't know if you can turn it down that low.

Cadman,

Can i get a copy of the fluid bed instructions

sean.seanc@gmail.com

Also how do yall think tyvek would work as a filter?

Sean,

I have never tried it but I heard of guiys using the tyvek envelops from the Post Office, and they say they work just fine, however I can't confirm that.