snookin4

DIY fluid bed?

hello all, new member here and i was wondering if i can get fluid bed plan's and whatever else you care to share with me about powder painting, thank you doug... finally received my powder, i'm going to start doing my own jighead's, worm harness blade's, trolling spoon's, weight's etc.. pm sent... the walleye will never have a chance now... cool.gif

Could I get the instructions as well? I am wondering about your screen name. Do you do CAD work? I am a 15 year CAD person myself here in SC. I have modeled with alot of 3D software. It really helps on all my projects. Thanks.

bryan.rackley@electrolux.com

Could I get the instructions as well? I am wondering about your screen name. Do you do CAD work? I am a 15 year CAD person myself here in SC. I have modeled with alot of 3D software. It really helps on all my projects. Thanks.

bryan.rackley@electrolux.com

Bryan,

Yes the screen name Cadman came from the fact that I've worked on numerous cad and nc software. I am a sheetmetal designer and programmer. I have been doing this for about 30 years, the last 18 on cad. I started with Cadkey, then AutoCad, Metalsoft and Profold in between and now I'm using Solidworks for the last 5 years. Yes knowing cad and 3d solids makes designing much easier. I have designed some lead jig molds for my friends and myself and it has worked out great.

Thanks Cadman for the plans you sent me a week ago. I built a 2in. bed and get a lot of dust but just gobbed up paint on my jigs. 1/4 oz. I have watched a video from TJ's but mine dose not do that. I only get small volcanoes of paint. I am using a coffee filter. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? tks Ole

Hi Guys yes i do have detailed plans, which tell how to make a Fluid Bed

and it includes a parts list of items needed, which can be purchased from:

Wal-mart......Pump

Home Depot, Lowes or Menards

Fittings & Tubing

Send E-mail to:

Brushcountryjamboree@gmail.com

Sincerely

Dave

I have plans that I've been sending this entire time to all who ask, so yes they are available. Are you looking for plans, or what are you requesting?

Here is a downloadable PDF on how to build a FLUID BED

Dave

How to Make a Fluid Bed for Powder Painting Fishing Lures.pdf

Guys here is the PDF i did on making a fluid bed

Dave

Cadman you send it to normington1984@sbcglobal.net Thanks

Thanks JSC, I just sent a copy to delw a couple of days ago. I don't always check all the threads. However if you PM me, then I know I will get it out to you, in a couple of days, if not the same day. I am more than willing to e-mail anyone here info. Just remember on the PM to put your e-mail address down. I get a lot of PM's without e-mail addresses, and then I have to PM back, and guys don't PM me back right away, so PM tag occurs...........Take Care.......Cadman

Hey Guys,

I made a fluid bed the other day and just used it for the first time yesterday...........it worked great,far as getting a nice thin coat of paint on the jig. I had a question for all of you guys that have used them a bunch.........is the "dust cloud" that comes out of the top of the cup normal, or am I just using a little too much air ??? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by FUBAR

Cadman you send it to normington1984@sbcglobal.net Thanks

Thanks JSC, I just sent a copy to delw a couple of days ago. I don't always check all the threads. However if you PM me, then I know I will get it out to you, in a couple of days, if not the same day. I am more than willing to e-mail anyone here info. Just remember on the PM to put your e-mail address down. I get a lot of PM's without e-mail addresses, and then I have to PM back, and guys don't PM me back right away, so PM tag occurs...........Take Care.......Cadman

e-mail sent with fluid bed instructions.

Hey Guys,

I made a fluid bed the other day and just used it for the first time yesterday...........it worked great,far as getting a nice thin coat of paint on the jig. I had a question for all of you guys that have used them a bunch.........is the "dust cloud" that comes out of the top of the cup normal, or am I just using a little too much air ??? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark turn down the air until you get what looks like boiling water or in our case boiling powder. That should do it for you.