finlander

Rotissiere died-last rites

If you are able to balance it out with counter weights you might get a few more days of use out of it.

With your new motor, make sure your lures are balanced around the axis and it should last for years with occasional hobby use.

Palmetto Balsa,

You're absolutely right about balancing out your lures on the wheel.

I've always done that, and never thought of mentioning it here.

If I'm only doing one lure, I put a similar lure that's already finished opposite the new one on the wheel.

The things we take for granted that aren't as obvious as we think.

Like my step-brother, who is a math professor and computer genius at an eastern Washington university.

He owned a restaurant, and built his own wooden bar and bar top.

He researched bar top clear coats, and came up with the one that seemed bullet proof. He called the tech support for the product, and discussed prep and mixing and application.

The big day came. He mixed it up and spread it, and it looked perfect.

He went home, and returned the next day. The product had a 12 hour curing time.

He went into the bar, and the top looked perfect. He touched it with his finger, and it was still liquid!

He called the tech support, in a panic, and reported his results.

They responded, "You didn't let it get contaminated with oxygen, did you?"

In all the conversations between this "genius" professor, and the "expert" tech staff, no one had thought to mention that the product was meant to be applied in an oxygen free environment.

He then proceeded to scrape off all the high tech stuff, resand the bartop, and apply cheap decopage coating, which is still doing just fine today.

Just shows how much "common sense" stuff that's so obvious it doesn't need to be mentioned we take for granted, and how it can return to bite us in the a$$.

To "revive" your rotisserie motor try this:

Take apart the motor. Inside you'll find that the metal piece that attaches to the shaft (which turns the wheel) is made of cheap pot metal. There is a set screw in the pot metal. Get a larger set screw and simply force it into the old hole and that wheel will be good for another 1000 baits or so.

When you open up that motor housing, which is an easy task, the above will make perfect sense. Your wheel is no longer spinning because that hole into which the set screw is inserted is stripped so the set screw no longer functions.

Don't be afraid to tear the motor unit apart. You were going to replace it anyway so be bold and give it a try.

THANKS for all the tips. Local lure maker said Menards has a bunch. Almost an out of season item at the other chains. FF- i will go down and try that now. Not comfortable with tearing apart a microwave oven. Saw that after searching awhile. I DID a no-no, spinning that flat lure look a llike that is to hold keys, for my bro in law. It did not have a tail loop, so idiot here clamped in on with a small visegrip. Not balanced by any stretch. Going to tear it apart. I did try it again this am with no load on it. It just moved a couple of degrees one way before it 'stopped' and went back the other way, then back and forth, etc. Let ya'll know how it goes. Thanks again, really. Bruce

Edited by finlander

What I found after the surgery was a badly working gear, loose, the last one connected to the shaft. Plastic gear. Didnt see any teeth missing , but wouldnt stay in good contact with its neighbor. Did not see any set screws, those must be in the Taiwonese models. Well, going to find another.....thanks again...

Microwave motors are easy, slip into your neighbours place, roll the oven on it's side or back - two screws on the small bottom cover, also hold the motor, remove them and motor and replace oven - open the door and grab the turntable thingy (has the right keyway for motor). This all would take 2 minuites, with no sign of foul play in the microwave. Or you could just get the motor from your wife/partners oven and wait until she starts complaining about it being broken (now her fault) - she will have to buy a new one - Then you discreetly remove the plastic turntable for later use - Don't remove the turntable until she has given up and "unbonded' from the oven, otherwise she will suspect something.

I'm single and do not have these problems. pete

SOMETIMES you have to think outside the 'Microwave'

Edited by hazmail