wantsome

Are single action airbrushes better?

Yeah thats what I thought I was just making sure. I've seen single actions in use and they look like a pain in the but.

I'm happy with my Iwata so far but I haven't used it much. I had a paasche syphon feed before this and it was a nightmare. It kept clogging and it was hard to clean.

By the way are you from Michigan?

Hey I was just looking in your gallery and you have a bomber long a in there. Thats what I want to paint mostly. What did you use to clear coat that? I painted some up but can't decide what to use for a clear? I was thinking about devcon but I thought it might mess the action up with it's weight. Aslo that bomber looks sweet nice foil job.

Yep, Lincoln Park, MI.

I use a proprietary clear that I formulated myself, but I used to use Flexcoat Ultra V. Pretty close in performance. As long as you don't get a build-up on the bill, they'll run fine. I did a huge weight study a while back. A fully primed and painted lure w/epoxy clear, only increased the weight 10-15% and had no effect on any lure we tested, floating, suspending, or whatever. Some stock lures right out of the box varied by up to 50%!

I use Bombers all the time around here, trolling for pike, ski's, and walleye. My second favorite lure next to the Shad Rap.

Thanks on the Bomber. Have to admit though, I cheated. I used cracked ice tape instead of foil on that one. Even with two layers of clear and that thick tape, it runs beautifully.

Edited by Downriver Tackle