loco

wanted to share my custom mold, pics inside

a few months a go i met a guy on ebay that was selling custom made molds. his family owns 5 cnc machines and he was trying to make a few extra bucks so he created a few worm mold and put them on ebay. when i saw these were not the usual molds that everyone else has, i contacted the guy. we worked together for a few weeks until we came up with a one off mold for me. its a 5" curly tail ribbed and tapered worm. i love this thing !! its fatter in the head and tapers down towards the tail. because of the extra plastic in the head, it always falls head first with the tail just twisting away. the added plastic in the head also makes for easy hook placement.

well, since getting my mold made by this fellow, he decided he didnt want to take the time to make these anymore, so i ended up with a one off mold.

i have had a ton of luck with this worm, it has cought me alot of good quality fish. here are a few pics:

watermelon:

DSCN0269.jpg

natural with firecracker flake:

locoworm_natural.jpg

white with black flake:

locoworm_white.jpg

OK Loco,

I dug around and found the "Gator Tails". :yeah:

The one on Top is a regular "Gator Tail" as made by "DITTO" who was the second one to make it.

Note marking on tail is "DITTO".

The others are a "Knock Off" of it and one distributor of it called it a "Croc A Tail"

They are 6 inches long produced with High Production Injection.

The Original body was a little more "Squared Off" the others are round.

You got it

Later

JSC

B)

GatorTails.jpg

GatorTails.jpg

GatorTails.jpg

GatorTails.jpg

GatorTails.jpg

GatorTails.jpg

GatorTails.jpg

GatorTails.jpg

3758_thumb.attach

I have a worm similar to that one as well Loco... The guy only would do a couple molds though and then quit. Wonder if it was the same guy.

My picture doesn't do the worm justice as the tail is closer to a Gator tail worm for sure.....

flippnoutwrm.jpg

Sure is a fish catching worm though!!!

Jim

I bought some of those 7" curl tails from the e-bay guy. That makes a great worm. I tried to contact him several times but never received a response. And this was at the time I was buying his molds. His handle was Machinist1979 if any one wants to try getting a hold of him.

I also tried to contact the "Machinist" who was posting here for a while and never received any response. They are two different people. The e-bay guy lives in Iowa and the guy from here I believe was from New Jersey. I guess they both realized the time and effort involved wasn't worth it for them.

Dont mean to hijack this thread but I cant find that worm on your site Jim. I woul love to try that behind my spinner bait on pike. Send me a PM or an email if you would like.

Its not on my site. Secret weapon!!! Drop me your address and I'd be glad to send you some. They are about 7" long I believe...

jim@ghostbaits.com

Jim

jim, its the same guy ! i wanted that mold that you have, but he was selling a bunch of them on ebay. i wanted one that was unique, yet similiar in style to the one he was producing and selling. once we came up with my design, i begged him not to sell it to anyone else, and as far as i know he didnt. then.....like you guys are saying.....he disappeared. one day he finally got back to me and said he wasnt doing it anymore because he wants to machine engines instead....

ive been very happy with this worm. like i said earlier, its been one of my top producers.