Cal Bassin

Removable pin options?

I have built swimbaits in the past in which I twisted two screw eyes in on one side of the joint and two on the other side that are just a bit lower. I then ran a simple finish nail down through all the screws just like a hinge on a door. This set up is really smooth, quite easy, and very strong. The only down-side is it leaves a fairly large gap between the sections. Anyway, it might work for you, I hope so.

Jed V.

not sure how your joints are made but if the are the v joint type ones where you would normally have a pin go through two screw eyes or wire circle things you have use ss spinnerbait wire and put it through your hole you drilled and bend part of it over and cut a small slot to put the bend in.

I put a 90 degree bend on the top of my pins, and leave a 1/4" flag on them. I put the pins in after I seal and prime, but before I paint, but don't push them all the way. I leave the pins in like that when I top coat, and then push them down onto the back of the bait after it's coated. I seal them with brush on crazy glue, and they look like fins. Removing them for maintenance is easy.

Just be sure to seal you pin holes with runny crazy glue or Minwax Wood Hardner, and then redrill them with a piece of the pin wire, so the holes are waterproof.