Shane8stud

Devcon 2, 30 minute

Well the D2T I use comes in a matched set of syringes that are paired to gether so it automatically measures equal portions for you.

I would suggest you store it with the caps on and tips up. The air bubble will form to the top and that seems to help avoid any uneven dispensing.

Depends on the situation, I try to use just one coat. If I am applying loose flake I thin the first coat when applying the flake and then add another thin second coat. Otherwise it is pretty much just one coat of D2T.

I am not sure where South Cakalaki is, but if you have a Hobby Lobby anywhere near by they also carry the ETEX and have a store branded epoxy I have been using that comes in 4 oz bottles and is easy to dispense equally, and is a whole lot cheaper than buying D2T.

Edited by 76gator

Yep, Devcon 2T - measure it accurately and mix it well in a container or on a piece of aluminum foil where unmixed stuff can't "hide in a corner". Then brush it on. It's not like brushing paint. You are "laying it on" and want to keep the brush wet at all times. I do around the lip, the belly hanger and tail first, then start on the back and continue around the bait. Be sure everything gets covered. Rotate the lure for the first 30-40 mins to avoid sags and hang it up for 24 hrs to completely cure. You'll get good results if you measured and mixed right.

I am buying D2T in 9 oz. bottles through

http://www.hobbylinc.com in the 9 oz size for about $13. I use the epoxy mixing cups, and squeeze both parts in at once and since one of the parts is a little yellow, you can see if you have equal parts or not based on whether or not the dividing line is down the middle. It's not that exact of a science, and so far (knock on wood:roll:) I have never had any that didn't set up right.

Just remember a tip I got fomr someone else on this site....before you start, clean your work are up well, blow off your lure good to remove all dust, and blow off your epoxy brush well and make sure there are no loose bristles or dust hanging in there.

I use a small heat gun I got at a craft store to get the bubbles out, but don't overheat because you can yellow the epoxy and boil it too!

One other thing I have discovered about D2T is that one small amount of the stuff can cover an entire mans body, including clothing, hair, and eyelids in a matter of seconds. :eek: I always keep a rag with alcohol nearby to wipe down my hands!