robertjp

dumb createx question

OK since so many of us have had problems with the createx acrylic, why cant we just go to walmart and buy any acrylic paint,and add some airbrush medium so you can spray it.? Isnt acrylic paint acrylic paint? Since the createx is made especially for airbrushes (and it doesnt shoot worth a S$%6) why not regular craft acrylic with the airbrush medium?. Someone tell me why we cant do this please.since its topcoated anyways. If I had the ventilation I would try laquer. Last night I had to go to 60 psi so the white createx would spray. This is getting rediculous. My lures come out ok but its a struggle with createx. Thanks Bob P.

I do this on some colors already like Olive and Hot pink cuz Createx doesnt make Olive and their hot pink stinks. Use Liquitex to thin it.

If you can't shoot Createx white under 60 psi you got problems somewhere with your airbrush. I can shoot white at 20 psi right outta the jug with my Pasche VL. Check and make sure you don't have gooped up stuff inside???

I know DUNCAN makes olive color!, Arcylic is Arcrylic in a sense untill your talking profits of who can make what for what. In a hobby shop you may find 3 or 4 brands and a 39c bottle will differ from a $3 thats made for airbrushing. As soon as I test this new paint> I'll let you know how it works on lures ROBERTJP! Its only new to lure painting and me .

So are you guys saying that I can use other types of craft paint in my airbrush. My mom has a ton of those little bottles you get at the craft store for dirt cheap that she uses for painting ceraminc crafts with. Can I spray that straight. Or do I have to mix it or thin it with something. Because that would be so much cheaper than createx.

What are you guy's paying for createx ? everybody keeps saying it is so expensive ? I pay around 5.00 for 4 oz's of auto air compared to say testor's laquer at around 3.00 for 3/4 oz I don't think it's that bad(not counting retarder) anyway Robertjp you should be able to spray honey at 60 psi, but let us know when you try the different acrylic's I'm curious what you find !

Vmaxx

I would only hope that since the auto air is designed mainly for detail on cars that it would be UV safe, I would really hope! How much to you thin the paints like you can buy at WalMart? Is there a set amount you put in per bottle of that paint, or is it just guess-and-test until it works? Do you have to add anything else to the spray to get it to look nice? These are the reasons why I go with Createx now, and I have never used much else, except some Testors (didn't like it at all!). I've kinda gotten used to spraying the different kinds of Createx, since this is the only thing I've ever tried to use, but the colors are limited, and it would be nice to have an easily-accessible supply at WalMart instead on speacial ordering Createx from art stores. Thanks!

transparents are great, they blend nicely, as they are partially see-through. It is very difficult to get transparent paints dark over opaques, and this still bothers me....I think of a good scheme, and the transparents don't show up as good as I think they will. They are generally lighter than what is in the bottle. You can create "ghost" baits with transparents, and i think transparents shoot easier than opaques, but that is just my opinion.

Hi all, I've used Createx but awhile back I started using Liquitex acrylic. I think the paint is darker and seems to spray easier. More consistant. They also seem to have a larger selection of colors. I havent heard anyone say anything about this brand. It's just another paint option. Cost about $2.99 for a 2oz. bottle. David

Northbassman,

Opaque's are used over either a dark or light surface in other words you cant see the color underneath that you shot on top of,transparent's are more of a tint meant to be sprayed on light backgrounds or mixed with other colors to blend a color,hope this helps,so what you bought would work good for your basecoats.

Vmaxx