Shane8stud

Signing a Lure?!?!?!?!

@ Shane8stud

I use a thin-writing permanent marker felt pen(waterproof on most surfaces) in black color presently .

Before I had utilized pens containing gold ink , these you had to kinda "pump" on their tip for the ink to start out flowing , but it always got quite messy , as the pens became older , thus longer in use(also they are twice the price of the felt pens !) !

Advantage of these was , that the gold ink was visible on ALL basic lure colorations , the black felt pen's writing has to be applied onto lighter portions of the baits .

Since some topcoats might possibly dissolve and smear those signatures , I put on a coat of acrylic clear laquer onto them prior to topcoating for protection .

Good Luck:yay: , diemai

The last color I shoot on a lure is black for the kill spot or other details. It's quick and simple to grab a fine tip calligraphy pen (couple of bucks at a hobby store), dip it in the paint remaining in the airbrush cup and sign the lure. I use Createx black because it is a fine ground black pigment paint that will flow through the tip of the pen - any black AIRBRUSH paint will work but hobby paints won't due to their large pigment particle size.

hi, i'm pretty happy using a silver or gold "gel" type ball point pen. what you need to do if you want to use these pens is to give the lure its first layer of clear coat. then write on this when its dried. any mistakes are easily wiped off with a little saliva. let the ink dry. spray a light coat of transparent acylic on top then give the lure its final clear coat. this is what it looks like -

IMG_2899.jpg

big_kahawai - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

a%3E