MTfishingrods

Badger model 360 airbrush?

I got one during the Badger Garage Sale this year. I'm not knocking Badger brushes but my honest personal opinion? The flip over cup is too small in the gravity feed position. It was a decent airbrush and I had no complaints but an old Badger 170T I have performs just as well (they seem to use the same nozzles and needles so that's no surprise). Bottom line, the Iwata brushes I've used are better in build quality and performance. Iwata specifies the tip size on each airbrush model so you know how fine a pattern to expect when using it. The domestic brushes like Badger and Paasche seldom do. JMHO the Iwata Revolution BR (.3 mm tip) at about $70 is a great general purpose airbrush that will shoot any viscosity airbrush paint (including pearls, flakes) with very good control. Its gravity feed cup is just the right size to hold enough paint yet not get in the way while you use it. The build quality is right up there with the expensive Iwata brushes too. I know TUers who turn out better lures than I using a Badger, so it's clear that it's the user, not the brush that really controls the end product. But the Iwata brushes are still the cream of the crop.

I would rec'd a Badger of any model for a child. My children (7 & 8 ) both use Pro 150's. The transition from single actions to dual, siphon feed 150's was easy for them both...Important factors: comfort in their smaller hands, ease of use, and uncomplicated. Badger from our experience will fill those needs for children.

Good luck.

I have one.

My only complaint is it's a pain to backflush, literally, because the needle tip is exposed. I keep sticking myself. :teef:

Otherwise, it is a good all around brush that I use if I have a lot of base coating of the same color to do, so I can just load one of their bottles, spray, and then put the excess back in it's original bottle when I'm done.