bigbass101

weight position help

8 posts in this topic

here is my latest body it will be a wake or very slow sink mine always have unneeded shake or body roll so im asking the pros for help

HPIM1535.jpg

HPIM1535.jpg

HPIM1535.jpg

HPIM1535.jpg

HPIM1535.jpg

HPIM1535.jpg

HPIM1535.jpg

HPIM1535.jpg

3800_thumb.attach

Edited by bigbass101

I would place two weights in the head section, and then one in each of the other two sections...excluding the tail. The second and third sections, I would place the weight in the forward half of the section. I would also make each weight progressively smaller towards the the rear of the bait. In other words, the weight in the third section would be the smallest. If you can get away without putting any weight in the third section it would be better, but you will probably need one. As far as the head section is concerned, I usually place a larger weight rear of center (close to the joint) and a smaller one near center of the head...that is if you actually need two.

TJ

this bait is 9 inches long and 2.25 tall i made another one a little longer @10 inches and i needed a little over 2 oz of lead so that about 1/2 in stuck out of the water

borderbasser: thanks for the help. have you made baits this size?

Thanks, Ryan

thanks for all the help now were getting somewhere i can see we have different but similar opinions ill wait and see how many more i get