jimbo

Lure Dryer Finally!!!

Well i finally build one after being on this site since 2004 and knowing about them got peed off enough to put it together.Total cost 0.00 dollars well that is if you don,t include the bandsaw and table saw lol. The dryer has about 20" between the two outside discs and the discs are adjustable so it should cover any lure i,ll be building.Had to use a rotesserie motor which i was trying to avoid because of the noise,other than that i,m happy with it.The lures hang off a cup hook on one side and copper wire on the other seems to work ok . Enjoy

Jimbo

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

3803_thumb.attach

3804_thumb.attach

@ jimbo

Very smart idea about the adjustable wheels and the two "chambers" to load the lure dryer :wink::yes:!

This way you would be able to topcoat very short and also very long lures at one time without too much hazzle about overlength wire hooks !

Greetz , diemai

First Thanks for the compliments guys. Well gave it a test run tonite and got a few bugs to iron out, first it needs an on/off switch it,s a little trickie trying to unplug the thing while holding a freshly epoxyed lure also i have to put some smaller size hooks on the center disc the ones i used wouldn,t fit thru the line tie eyelets on some of the smaller repaints i did, had to do some quick thinking on that one again while holding a wet lure.Not sure if my thinking is in the box or out but having fun anyway lol. Take Care

Jim

Looks Nice,

for the on off switch. just pick up a plain old light swith and a wall box. Splice it in, and mount it to the drying table someplace. What are the hubs made from? Look like alum or something?

I use a foot operated on/off switch I picked up from Harbor Freight Tools on my airbrush compressor. Frees up my hands for juggling lures.

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I also wondered about those remote light switches from the AS SEEN ON TV infomercials.

Handy Switch - The Official Site of AsSeenOnTV.com