Shane8stud

Largemouth Pattern?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Man I wish I could, but I have been asking the same thing. Dang tough when your color blind, so I certainly hope your not! :nono:

But try the Polytranspar versions of Dark/Med/Lt Bass-Trout Green. If you want them darker you can always use a touch of tinting black. Their gold is also a bit nicer than Createx in my opinion.

Only down side is having to order online and pay shipping, so find a site and stock up on all your paints.

And just remember there are about a billion shades of green / brown in the bass I have caught and seen. Almost no wrong or right and depends on the water your fishing.

21xdc,

Those poppers look great.

Shane8stud,

The WASCO site mentioned here earlier has that info, and paint, and stencils.

Just google WASCO.

I use pearl white for the belly and lower body, Apple Barrel moss green, darkened to taste with either dark brown or black (thinned with windex), for the green upper body and shoulders, hit the back with some black to darken the green, and do a jagged line of black down the sides.

If I'm really feeling creative, I paint the whole bait pearl white, then scale the green over it, and proceeded.

I do this on 6" and bigger baits, not on poppers, so I don't know if it would work for baits that small.

Edited by mark poulson

Here is one I just did using the Polytranspar Lt./Med./Drk. Bass Greens (transparent and opaque) from Wasco. Those three colors are pretty much all you will ever need as far as I concered to do bass colors.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee275/borderbasser/102_8115.jpg

Here is how I did it.

-white base coat

-pearl coat

- createx pearl satin gold over back shoulders and cheeks.

- shoot med. opaque bass green through netting over the shoulders and back to create the scale pattern and then spray the cheek as well. Remove the net and soften it up with translucent drk. bass green.

- a light coat of drk. opaque bass green over back to darken it up a bit

- the stripes are shot with opaque drk. bass green and black

- I then shot a very light coat of polytranspar shimmering green

One thing I'll mention, is the opaqe colors are actually kinda transparent unless you layer or spray it heavly enough to make it opaque. Hope this helps ya.

TJ

It is made of wood, and I'm not sure how heavy it is but it is about 8" long. It does have a few coats of DN sprayed on it. I am waiting to get some eyes from Muskysnax to finish it off. Once I do, I will put the eyes on and then build up the finish to a thicker glossier look. Here is a pic of a bluegill bait that has the Dick Nite built up. By the way, the greens used in this pic were the same ones I used in the bass. The pics are of the same bait...Just look a little different in the different angles of light.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee275/borderbasser/102_8111.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee275/borderbasser/102_8112.jpg

TJ

Thanks Mark. I have to admit, I was inspired by the new Mattlure hard bluegill he is about to release. I thought his looked so awesome, I had to try to make one similar to his. I'm sure mine is not nearly as good as his anyway. If he sees this, I hope it doesn't rub him the wrong way since this is just a hobby for me and I don't sale any of mine yet. And, if I ever decide to, this one will not be one of them. Thanks again.

TJ

That guy Matt does make some really special baits. :worship:

I used to hate him, because my Mattlures bluegill was always torn up by bedding bass :pissed:, but now, with Mend It, I love him again. :lol:

That's really a problem, isn't it? Getting bit too much.

As we used to say on the jobsite, "You'd b*tch if they hung you with a new rope".

Meaning some people are never happy. :lol: