21xdc

Making my drying rack

Hellow TU guys. :)

I bought a universal rotisserie and will be fabbing up a small diameter but long drying wheel. I have searched this site and found alot of ideas. I want to use a hook on one side and a spring on another to attach my baits. Any other similar ways you have come up with?

BTW... I timed my motor and it only revs 2 times a min... I hope this is enough.... I think it will be.

Thanks...

Mike

I was going to use springs but found 14 or 12 gauge single stranded wire worked well .you can cut it different lenghts for differ size lures. I just posted it on homebrew tools ,think it shows what i,m talking about. If not will post a pic on here for you.

Jim

Edited by jimbo
I,m slow very slow lol

21xdc,

Two rpms should be fine. Just watch it the first couple of times to see if the epoxy has a tendency/sag to run toward the outside of the wheel. I don't put on too much to avoid this. Two thinner coats works best for me.

I used screw eyes for the permanent attachments to the plywood (lots of people use cup hooks), and I use paper clips that I straighten out and rebend to whatever length I need. Cheap, easy to bend, and small enough to easily fit through lure line ties and hook holders.

The spring idea looks interesting, but my lures are heavy, so I don't want them sagging as they turn. I leave them on the wheel for 12 hours, so I don't want to worry about what's going on while I'm gone. I do enough of that with my youngest daughter and her dog! :eek:

Springs are a good idea. I've been keeping my eyes open for some, but not easy to find exactly what you want. Also the price can get out of hand.

I intend to use the same idea, but using Knicker elastic as the spring, from a dress making store. Attaching to the wheel is very simple. It could be simply stapled or cut slots and knot one end, to stop it pulling through. A dab of soft glue to hold it in place. Attach a short length of wire to form a hook.

Dave

Vodkaman,

Do you have decent rubber bands where you're living?

It seems like all the rubber bands I get here in SoCal are really cheesy, and don't last.

I don't trust them on the drying wheel, since I leave it running all night. I'd be really mad if one broke during the night and ruined my lure! :pissed:

Edited by mark poulson

Rubber bands would not be my choice, but just another option. Yes, they would have to be inspected regular and replaced.

My favourite option would be the woven material elastic. For the reasons already stated.

So much rubber available here, you would think it grew on trees!

Dave

good morning guys i am new to this site just joined 10 minutes ago

what i use for a drying motor cost $0 dollars is the rotator motor from a micro wave oven and how i attach my plugs is i use my through wire just my .02 cents. i find old microwaves in the garbage and take the motors.