Cal Bassin

My New Swimbait!!! Z Series

15 posts in this topic

Here are some pictures!

ZSeries.jpg

Z6-Trout2.jpg

The new Z6 Trout is 12" and is a surface and sub-surface swimmer!

Thanks to Capsully and to Matt for sending me some TT tails that they molded. I actually needed the large tail.

Billy

Good looking baits........I'm guessing that with all those joints these lures should have a very nice sinuous motion.

Jed V.

Threw it today at Skinner, and had some big...10+ fish follow and play under it, but nothing would get them to bit!

I will post video as soon as I can get someone to film it!

I know both the Orso boys, Dave Roberson and Rob Cummings, and watched them develop their split tail baits over a couple of years at Casitas.

It is definately a fish catcher.

The tail is unique.

The lip makes that swimbait have tight action... lipless baits will give you a bigger S or wider swim.......... that is my guess... because that is what my baits do when I add a lip to my lipless design... I dont have a math formula to support my theory.. so DAVE (VOKAMAN) have fun giving us the real reason! I hated math in school!!

The speed of the oscillations is proportional to the lip width. A narrow lip has a faster action than a wide lip. On a lipless swimbait, the vortices are generated along the back of the front section, this is much longer than a lip, hense the action is slower.

Dave

Thank you all for your nice comments.

IMHO and not to take anything away from The Rook and Vodka, but the tightness of the lure action was achieved by reducing the space between segments. When the segments where spaced further apart, the bait did a more snake like action, and was more erratic, but that is not representative of the actual swimming motion of a true fish. This was achieved through much trial and error.

Here is a video of lipless:

Here is the Z6

Billy