bassrecord

Universal jig?

Does anybody have a suggestion for a universal jig or fixture for my Dremel drill press? I need it to hold my poppers consistently so I can drill criss-cross (Front Port side out rear Starboard side and Front Starboard out rear Port side) to pull rubber legs through. Hopefully the jig will have settings so I can dial in a change and quickly convert from side to side and size to size.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks.

John

John.

I think the only way you can hold a carved body for drilling operations is with a molded jig, but if you are hand carving, even this is doubtful.

Best solution is to drill the holes before carving, while the wood is still square. This has additional advantages, that the surface damage as the drill enters or exits the wood, becomes irrelevant.

Dave

The Dremel Drill Press Model 210 is the type where you mount a bit in the Dremel tool and then mount both in the press' holder. You place the work on the platform, then turn the knob and the platform rises pushing the work up through the drill bit. The platform base is 4" by 4" aluminum 3/4" wide. The work can be held by something that can be bolted to the platform. There are 4 elongated 7/32" holes in the platform to hold jigs.

Seems like I recall seeing a gimbal jig that would swivel 180 degrees to hold items in a hobby drill press.

Thanks for your ideas.

John

John.

I think the only way you can hold a carved body for drilling operations is with a molded jig, but if you are hand carving, even this is doubtful.

Best solution is to drill the holes before carving, while the wood is still square. This has additional advantages, that the surface damage as the drill enters or exits the wood, becomes irrelevant.

Dave

Right on! Only way to do it properly.

Best Fishing Supplies on the Net - Home