speechless33759

Can someone identify the machine in this video

30 posts in this topic

I don't know but I want one, wow!

I would like to know what he was using as a clear coat too.......

What brand of cranks were those? I didn't recognize them.....he would be a great additioin to TU.

RM

Hey Jerry, are you watching, SEE that 'square chuck' I have been talking about - I'm thinking it is the same, or very similar to 'Rapala's' machines - great job whatever it is.pete

Central NC includes Lexington and Thomasville, furniture making centers where many factories have gone bust in the last 15 years. It would not surprise me if the duplicating lathe had been used for making furniture legs once upon a time.

I hear those machines are 20+ thousand!!!! I think I will buy two!!! LOL Now if we could just find out who makes them? MAV

@00:23 he puts the master in a primitive jig(just between a few nails). What on earth is he doing that for? Any theories?

@00:23 he puts the master in a primitive jig(just between a few nails). What on earth is he doing that for? Any theories?

That was where he cuts the lipslots on the bandsaw

Looked like it could have been component systems vinyl clear, But I was wondering the same thing.

Such machines are used to carve cricket bats and table legs, so I guess the answer is yes.

I would probably turn the feed rate down and stand well back for the first run though.

Dave

I own the machine in the video. It's a homemade machine that I purchased used. I can cut baits out of balsa, cedar,basswood etc. If anyone is interested in unpainted bodies just let me know.

Thanks for the reply.

I own the machine in the video. It's a homemade machine that I purchased used. I can cut baits out of balsa, cedar,basswood etc. If anyone is interested in unpainted bodies just let me know.

On the line cranks, I am more interested in the machine. Which machine is yours (post number), as several machines displayed. Can you tell us more about it?

Dave

Dave, it's the machine featured in the #1 permalink (the first post).