speechless33759

Can someone identify the machine in this video

I don't know what else to tell you guys about the machine. I bought it used and had to learn how to use it myself. It was home made just to make crankbaits. I do know there are others around. Some of the larger companies use them also. I've been told new ones sell for around Twenty Thousand. They are very rare. It took me over 10 years to find this one. As far as the clear coat, I use strictly lacquer and I dip all my base coats and clear. I use one special clear for a color lock before I dip 3 coats of clear lacquer. I'm not trying to be a jerk but I'm not willing to give the color lock up. I think it's the key to the finish. I can cut baits for you guys so you don't have to invest thousands of dollars on a machine. Believe me it's hard to recoupe that investment. If you need to ask me anything else, don't hesitate.

Welcome to TU.

Your machine closely resembles the ones used by Rapala, that Lapala shared with us. The only difference looks to be that yours cuts a series of 2 & Rapala's run 4 baits at a time.

Do you mind sharing, generally what type of cutting head your using? is it tooled like a saw blade, or is it a milling type setup with insert tooling or a roughing type mill?

Thanks for sharing.

I have to cut the lip slots after the baits are cut. I use ,as someone on here mentioned, a primitive wooden jig to cut my lip slots. I had stainless ones milled but I chose to use the wooden ones I make because I can adjust them and they are much faster to use. It's much harder with a round bait but afer you cut several you get the hang of it. Every step I do has evolved greatly and is still evolving. I learned along time ago I never stop learning and by all means I am no where close to knowing everything. As for the second question the machine uses a circular saw blade to cut the baits. I'm a carpenter but I have no clue when it comes to machines. Most of the other working parts in the machine are foreign to me.