xllund

Fixing Minor Top Coat Defects

Happy New Year to all!

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix/repair small defects in the top coating? I have a couple of baits ready to package when I noticed that there was a bubble or two in the finish, and I dont want to recoat the entire bait. These minor defects occured in both Devcon & Flex Coat baits. Thanks for any help or tips you folks can supply.

To my knowledge there is nothing much you can to for a bubble. I guess you could knock it out and then recoat. But other than that.... I don't know. For pits or holes in Devcon, you can put a little in the hole with a tooth pick and then put a piece of celophane tape over it and let it dry. The tape will peel off cleanly once the Devcon is dry.

Skeeter

I would try to figure out what caused the problem to begin with and eliminate this from happeneing again. I painted cars for 25 years and learned early to recognize conditions that would cause a problem and eliminate them before they occur. Maybe water in your air lines. Your paints not compatable with each other, too much heat as it was drying? I found the more you try to fix something that is already done , most of the time you'll end up making it look worse!

I know you asked about small defects and how to repair.

I would guess this happens to all of us except Hughsey,

now and then. If it doesn't happen all the time it will

be hard to find the cause. I will just keep these baits

for myself and not let them get in to the sell bin.

Coley