justinramsay

bodies

@ justinramsay

At first :

welcome in here , you've hit it right !

Second :

also :-:-: Lure Making :-:-: The Official LureMaking.com Website | Tackle Components | Lure Components | Lure Making Information | Lure Making Supplies from Canada carries plastic lurebodies in different assembly stages(unglued or ready to paint) , also lurebody kits with hardware included .

greetz , diemai

Edited by diemai
text addition

Jason - I prefer if you have an issue with our products, you let me know personally. Anyone will tell you we are fair. I do not make crank baits and the bodies we carry are the same as those highly sought after in our area so if they don't work or there is a quality issue, I would like to know about it instead of reading about it on here............thank you!!!

Look up Custom Lures Unlimited. He sells painted baits but also sells a few of his plastic blanks unpainted. They are custom designed lures he orders from the Far East. Definitely out of the ordinary and unavailable elsewhere in small lots.

poor mans, lurecraft is great for everything minus the plastic bodies i am speaking of. selection is limited and very generic. i did not mean to bad mouth them i see how it was taken that way. i am sorry but i am looking for advise not a fight. i am sorry again and any advise is helpful. ps poor mans, my name is Justin it says Justin in my screen name im not sure where u got jayson?

Sorry Justin, I was working on the 2009 catalog and wrote the wrong name, I apologize. I am Kim from LureCraft and wasn't looking for a fight either- it just bothers me when someone has an issue and don't come to us first. We are very fair in our business and try to make things right with every customer. You did bring up something though that has caught my eye - you said "plastic bodies" and we don't carry plastic bodies.

I've never really understood why people think 'this' body makes better lures than 'that' body. As long as the body has a reasonable shape and is of a light material, be it plastic or wood, it can be made to swim how ever you like.

True, certain body shapes have certain functions, such as gliders, but generally speaking, the above is fact. It is all about the lip size, shape, angle, ballast location, distribution, buoyancy ratio, tow eye location. Other things that affect the outcome are hook size, type of top coat, how many layers of top coat. For a specific type of lure, the body shape probably has the least effect on the outcome.

I understand Kims point. If someone came into my work place and told my boss that my work sucked, then my boss cut my income as a direct result, I would not be very happy. There is an unwritten rule, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything". Maybe we should write it down.

Please do not take this as an attack on you personally Justin. This situation happens often, in fact way too often. We should be more sensitive to the fact that we are toying with peoples livelyhoods.

Dave

Are you looking for plastic lure bodies? If so try www.vanndalizer.com on the unpainted crankbait page.

I am a little late to this thread, but I can definitely vouch for the Vanndalizer unpainted crankbaits. I recently ordered a bunch and am using them for my photo finish lipless cranks. I am very happy with them and will be ordering more soon.