elect1960

epoxy

Hi there, any brush with short stiff bristles can be used. I bought a bunch of acid brushes at Harbor Freight very reasonable. I use them a few times and throw them away. When you are done coating you can rinse them in acetone to get the clearcoat out. These brushes have fairly short bristles and a metal handle. I hope this helps you out.

Ken Schmitz Mylures

Bassjudge,

Yes, some claim to have sprayed Devcon through their airbrush. They say it works. Do a search on spraying devcon. I have a post somewhere on here where someone said that they did it and I kinda challenged what it would take to do it. They said that I was corrrect. Bottom line is.... you can, but you better be quick and thorough at cleaning your gun. You will only have about 12 min. to mix, shoot and clean before it will become a real chore to get it out of your gun before it starts to harden. Personally, I would not recommend it.

Skeeter

Skeeter...I'm with you, can't imagine the disaster of shooting devcon :pissed:

But...what would happen if you tried to shoot the thnned epoxy, or maybe something like flexcoat with an external mix brush? Something like a cheap Testors, where gummed up internal needles and such would not be a problem. Just a thought. there are also some larger "sprayers" from Paasche and similar made for thicker materials. Think they are mostly a big ext mix brush.

***This does not mean I am going to try it.

The epoxy this guy shot was thinned. The whole thing is the timming mixing, shooting, and cleaning before ANY of this stuff starts to set up. Even if you used a cheap gun, it seems pretty expensive still to shoot one or even two (which you would have to be lucky to do) baits.

Skeeter

I use Devcon thinned with rubbing alcohol as my primer for my balsa/basswood lures. It doubles the amount of time that the epoxy takes to get to the point that it is hard to spread. I can prime ten lures at a time doing this. It doesn't seem to effect its final curing time though.

Of course, thinned epoxy is going to be much thiinner. I dont think I would use it as a topcoat or to glue in hardware as I really want a thicker tougher coat for that.