bassn1

Anyone know how to do this?

Bassn - The marbled one's look similar to plugs, a guy who calls himself 'Black Talon' makes, but his are better - don't hold your breath for information on how to do it though, he seems to love the adulation he gets, but is pretty backward when it comes to giving out 'Recipes' on 'how too's' etc. If you go to some rod building sites (including here) you will find out how, as they do it to rod butts, it's called 'Marbleing'. As for the others, looks like lace (fine -ladies undies!!! etc), wrapped around the lure and then sprayed whatever colour you want - buying the lace is half the fun. Hope this is of some help. pete

@ bassn1

Hahaha , if you don't wanna be suspected as a pervert getting ladies underwear :huh::lol::lol:, you might as well check out different window curtain patterns !

Greetz :yay:, diemai

As the father of two grown and growing daughters, I've had the occasion to buy ladies undergarments more than once.

Telling the sales person it's for my teenage daughters didn't seem to stop the suspicious looks. :lol:

Marbleing is quite easy. I do it on the custom rods that I make. All you need to do is shoot a base color and then clear coat with epoxy. Then, take a small amount of epoxy (a puddle about the size of a dime or nickle) and add just a drop or two of paint to it and mix. I like to use testors model paints. I let the jar sit for a few days so all the pigment settles down and then pour the solvent off but you don't have to. As you turn the bait, take a tooth pic and dip it into the pigmented epoxy and start swirling it into the clear coat on the bait. You can also get different effects when using something other than toothpics to apply the pigment. Depending on the look you want, (more or less blended) you can swirl in the pigment at earlier or later stages of the top coat cure. Hope that helps ya.

TJ

hey bassn:teef: whats up. this rod wrap ''marbleing'' thing sounds good, i think i'll try it that way too. mines called swirling :) ...another hint? not one single drop of paint on the orange/black swirl. just pigment, color and coat. it's too bad i lost all my old pics on the old computer:pissed:. i've really had a bunch of nice looking ones over the years, like that 36 color cornucopia i did.... soooo:censored: i get to start all over re-makeing what i can remember or if i see peeps who bought them i can remember. i got one with black and two colors of white and some gray called ''chaos'' almost ready. awsome contrast if there ever was awsome contrast. again., thanks for the kudos8O. i still like that blue gill. where's that black and yellow, man? Ty senett's pace maker is lace. lace is the stencil. if you look around you can find some pretty cool stuff. or.... put two or three on top of each other and get something really wild:yeah:... one of the next for my site is a green apple/yellow apple/black. and some more of course. AND i've got a GIANT cooking. but that'll be a bit before it's on site. and another double counter-rotating prop tail with a single strand throughwire, straight with no bends. nice and fat too. so many lures... so little time...

good luck basslurebuilderman.:worship:

Edited by b1gf1sh1

b1gf1sh1.. You Found my favorite site, welcome to the madness. I haven't had any time to work on any lures as my shop is filled up with a new project. A 1960 Ford PU. That will take most of the winter to restore it enough to roll it on to the drive and free up some space. I'll get back to the lure biz before ice off, I should be sick of rusty bolts by then.

Bassn - The marbled one's look similar to plugs, a guy who calls himself 'Black Talon' makes, but his are better - don't hold your breath for information on how to do it though, he seems to love the adulation he gets, but is pretty backward when it comes to giving out 'Recipes' on 'how too's' etc. If you go to some rod building sites (including here) you will find out how, as they do it to rod butts, it's called 'Marbleing'. As for the others, looks like lace (fine -ladies undies!!! etc), wrapped around the lure and then sprayed whatever colour you want - buying the lace is half the fun. Hope this is of some help. pete

wow you could not be any more wrong than you are with that comment.

he is one of the most helpful guys in this hobby and will give you the shirt off his back to help a builder out.

was at a plug show with him last year and let me tell ya he had every plug he made that year with him and gave not sold gave every one away.

he was answering all and every question thrown at him. say you pick up one of his plugs and ask wow how do you get that look he would tell ya and than say go on keep that plug.

so long story short ever judge someone with out the facts OK.

ok bassn1. i gave you the challenge in hso and you accepted. this post covered 70% of how ''I'' do it. basicly it's marbeling except theres no basecoat visible. all color on the exterior is epoxy. dyed with a propiatary blend owned by Heckler. all of it on top of a superior quality dyed propionate ( pro-pea-oh-nate) wood sealer. not one single drop of paint. this way the colors blend into one single mass instead of being on top of one another createing something other than what marbleing does. same but different. that's it, easy cheesy.

Edited by b1gf1sh1