21xdc

3 inch baby bass wooden topwaters I turned...

@ Hazmail , @ mark poulson

Hi Pete and Mark , thanks for your posts here and sorry for hijacking the thread a bit , but here is a pic of the two kinds of broomsticks , that I've mentioned .

The lighter one is the one for topwater lures and buoyant cranks , the other , darker one is similar looking to teak and way heavier , but I guess , that the lure , that I'm presently working on , would still float up a bit without any weights added .

Maybe , now you could figure out better about it :??

Greetz , Dieter

BROST_01.JPG

BROST_01.JPG

BROST_01.JPG

BROST_01.JPG

BROST_01.JPG

BROST_01.JPG

BROST_01.JPG

BROST_01.JPG

3876_thumb.attach

Dieter,

I don't recognize the lighter wood, but the darker one looks like the Malaysian hardwood we use here for exterior decking. Really heavy and hard, like teak, and greys when it weathers.

I have a lot of it sitting in my lumber storage area left over from different projects. I'll have to give it a try for lures.

Fatman,

I'm proof that practice will teach anyone to paint.

The action and profile catch the fish, the paint job catches the fisherman.

An oversimplification, for sure, but if you get the action and profile right, you can be "close enough" with you color scheme and still catch the fire out of the fish.

Take a look at the first Triple Trout lures. The maker just did a prototype paint job to test it, and it caught them so well he just kept it that simple for years.

So don't dispare. Paint. Like most anything else in life, the more you do it, the better you get at it.