21xdc

3 in minnows

I turned and painted these just for practice since they wont float with the hooks I want. :lol::pissed:

Have you tried using smaller open screw eyes and putting the hooks directly on them and then closing the screw eye and just eliminating the split rings? Just add extra epoxy to the holes. And you certainly don't need a front split ring as there are several loop knots that you can use to tie line with that will leave action in the lure.

I have seen guys use twisted wire... I'm not that confident in them compared to the threaded screweye.... Can someone please elaborate on the method used to make and install these? I would like a thinner smaller eyelet than the screweys give me. I need the thinnest, strongest wire that wont cut the line if tied direct, Or do I have to use a split ring?

Edited by 21xdc

I have seen guys use twisted wire... I'm not that confident in them compared to the threaded screweye.... Can someone please elaborate on the method used to make and install these? I would like a thinner smaller eyelet than the screweys give me. I need the thinnest, strongest wire that wont cut the line if tied direct, Or do I have to use a split ring?

this is a tutorial i made on how i do it:

Bass Fishing Forums - Twisted Wire Hinge Tutorial