Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
COLOR ME FISHIN

New colors

12 posts in this topic

No secrets....mostly lacquers fro WASCO> You have to fool with them(mix 2 colors here and there) to get the colors you want. I also use waterborne for some colors. The bottom bait (Lake Michigan Perch) actually has a foil applied. Also start to play with PPG's Harlequin if you can afford it. The stuff is awsome. $30.00 an ounce though. Much more pigment than House of Kolor's version. These are holographic paints that throw off all kinds of color flashes at different angles. Don't know if the fish are impressed, but I am.

Am I the only one that isn't seeing the pictures? It's strange, sometimes they come up, other times not.

Ok...now I reopened it and can see them, gorgeous, love the one in the middle.

Jed

You guys are too kind...... Like all ofyou fellow artisans I enjoy taking something good and making it just a little better, my way. If I can ever figure out how to take a decent photo I'll put up more color combos I have concoccted over the years.

Great job!! I specifically like the perch color. I have tried to copy the yellow perch color but with no success. If you decide to give out your recipe, I will be the 1st to ask for it.

Great Job!!!

Man only one word comes to mind................ SWEET!!!

BTW, glad to see someone else from IL here too...

PPG"s Harlequin can be purchased at any automotive refinishers supply that carries ths manufacturers paint line. Like I said before the stuff is wild!!!!!!! You can mix two together to get a different flash/sidetone, you can apply over a transparent color and the color will bleed through the Harlequin and give a different hue. All the auto paint manufacturers have their own version (Dupont, BASF, House of Kolor, but The PPG is the most intense. Thinned down, an ounce goes a long way.

Hooray for ILLINOIS!!!!!!