b75nweav

Candy Apple Red!

17 posts in this topic

OK, I spent the money and bought some House of Kolor Kandy apple red. Tried it out and it doesn't look like what I was looking for. Do you have to mix it or layer it (didn't come with a how to guide)? How do you get that effect. Figured one of you guy's would know!

Do these house of kolor paints have an expiration date on them . I have a number on the top (I noticed it after I bought it) 060707. Hope its not out of date. Im going to call carquest tomorrow and see if they have some newer ones.

i mix my paint in 4 oz squirt bottles. i have every color i use premixed. when i need a color just squirt a little in cup and spray. never had any go bad.

Glad to hear that. I took this paint and just to get an idea of what it looked like I sprayed it on an old bait I had laying around. When dry I took my finger and just wiped it off. It was like powder when it was dry, is that normal?

thats not good. paint is not sticking , over spray will look like powder. are you puttin on a wet coat of paint. mite have to much air pressure that will cause over spray? what are you using for a base coat

To my knowledge candy colors must be mixed with a clear binder before you spray them. With Auto Air colors you use the transparent base with their original candies but with the new formula you reduce it 3:1 with their 4011 reducer.

I'm pretty sure that HOK candies need to be mixed with a binder and then reduced.

It say's right on the bottle ready to spray. I just sprayed over a clearcoated old bait I had laying around just to see what it looked like, I'll play with it a little more.. Gonna try it out today with a pearl/white base and see what it looks like. I'll let you know if it works out.

Bishop, this is the paint I got>

Product ID: KK11.CO2

Manufacturer: House Of Kolor

House of Kolor Apple Red Kandy Koncentrate (2 oz.)

How about a quick walk through on how you would make this paint work.

Bishop, this is the paint I got>

Product ID: KK11.CO2

Manufacturer: House Of Kolor

House of Kolor Apple Red Kandy Koncentrate (2 oz.)

How about a quick walk through on how you would make this paint work.

If it says "Koncentrate", they're kinda contradicting the "ready to spray" statement.

If it says "Koncentrate", they're kinda contradicting the "ready to spray" statement.

Went by carquest today to check on this paint. Every bottle of HOK paint they had had that ready to spray sticker on them! The guy behind the counter blamed it on someone else (of course). Dont know why they even sell this stuff, they know a darn thing about it. Oh well cant stand the smell anyhow, think it whipped me this time.